IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sanction Fees?
1/10/15, 4:00 PM   #1
USAC Sanction Fees?
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Just curious how much they charge a facility to bring each series in. I'm talking midgets, sprints, silver crown on dirt. Thanks.

1/11/15, 3:01 PM   #2
on_the_edge

From what I've been told it cost $1000 to have the series there.

1/11/15, 3:38 PM   #3
Re: USAC Sanction Fees?
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
From what I've been told it cost $1000 to have the series there.
That seems low to me. I would expect it to be much more than that.

1/11/15, 3:41 PM   #4
USAC Sanction Fees?
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

I'da thot more like $5K-$10K.....

1/11/15, 3:52 PM   #5
SP Motorsports

Even higher. Keep in mind, the fee includes the purse. So $5,000 is just the winner's share.

1/11/15, 4:09 PM   #6
DRC II

Don’t confuse sanction fee with a total race package fee. Sanction fees for USAC probably still run about $200 to $1500 depending upon the class and the event. A Regional Midget race obviously is less expensive than a 100 mile Silver Crown race. In addition to the sanction fee there are also official fees which might also run from $300 to $1500+ depending on how many officials are needed and the travel necessary. This is for the Chief Steward, Registrar, Scorer, Flagman, Tech Official, and Pit Stewards. Then there is an insurance premium, point fund contribution and of course the advertised purse. Add all these together and you have the total financial package. Most sanctioning bodies don’t break this down and get a total package amount from the promoter and call it a sanction fee. They then disperse the funds as it fits their needs. Bottom line is when you try to compare sanction fees you are not always comparing apples with apples.

Mike

1/11/15, 4:29 PM   #7
k41l

It would take more than $2,000 per race just to pay Kevin Millers sallery!

1/11/15, 4:42 PM   #8
on_the_edge

The information I got came from Jason McCord. Total for a sprint car race was somewhere around 26k. The sanctioning fee was not a significant factor most of that is purse money.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
1/11/15, 4:46 PM   #9
i love dirt track racing

With all the above being said is the track only makes money if your butt is in the house and pits gate and concession. Hopefully we will all go support a race track and keep them from closings. Good luck to all the promoters and racing teams in 2015. Hope all race fans enjoy a great 2015 racing season.

7 members like this post: captrat, dirt330, Jonr, PIT CART, spicoli, sprinter6p, The Old Coyote
1/11/15, 5:00 PM   #10
DRC II

Miller probably makes next to nothing from the midget, sprints and silver crown. Don’t forget USAC also sanctions many other series and events, some with much higher fees and sponsorships. .25 Midgets, X-Games, TORC, Cannonball Rallies, Rally Cross, Snow Cross, Red Bull and Monster Energy special events, Moto GP, F1, FIA record certifications and product certifications are just some of the things USAC is involved in. Some of these are big bucks operations and events and Miller get a % cut from most, hence his big paycheck.

Mike

4 members like this post: Kellen Conover, Pat O'Connor Fan, r_harper, Sandy Lowe
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sanction Fees?