IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racesaver Sprint Series Meeting in Bloomington
11/29/14, 6:05 PM   #11
Re: Racesaver Sprint Series Meeting in Bloomington
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
If anyone's interested, there's a "Racesaver legal" 305 engine listed for sale on Hosehead's classifieds....for 30 grand!!! Good luck keeping this class "affordable".
Nobody in their right mind would pay that for a Racesaver engine!
I would love to hear the owner justify what makes his "Racesaver legal 305" worth 30 GRAND.
He can't!

1 member likes this post: KKinser99
11/29/14, 6:07 PM   #12
Bloomington Speedway

Turn out for the Racesaver Sprint Series meeting was very good!
Bloomington Speedway would like to thank all those that came to the meeting.

There were some nice surprises at the meeting, we were very impressed with the the number of "NEW" faces that are planning to run the Racesaver Series at Bloomington Speedway.

The idea and intent of this series, is to bridge the wide gap between some of the other types of cars and the full size 410 sprints. There were some young drivers that are planning to move up from Mini Sprints, a couple guys that ran in the Kenyon Midget Series, and even saw a few familiar older faces, that are making plans to get back into a more affordable form of Sprint Cars.

It really was a great gathering of interested people, that had some good well thought out questions. If today's meeting is any indication of how this class is going to turn out, it is looking good for the Kinser Air Filters Racesaver Sprint Series at Bloomington Speedway for 2015 and beyond!

See everyone at the PRI show in a couple weeks!

11/29/14, 7:15 PM   #13
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama View Post
Nobody in their right mind would pay that for a Racesaver engine!
You're right of course. But you know how it goes. Somebody with big dreams and a bigger wallet spends the bucks, wins a feature, and then others get the idea that unless they spend freely, they can't compete. A few try for awhile and others just quit...and we're right back where we started. I'm not a cynical person by nature but I've seen this played out many times. I really hope they've figured out a way to keep it from happening and I wish Bloomington and the racers well.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/29/14, 8:09 PM   #14
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
You're right of course. But you know how it goes. Somebody with big dreams and a bigger wallet spends the bucks, wins a feature, and then others get the idea that unless they spend freely, they can't compete. A few try for awhile and others just quit...and we're right back where we started. I'm not a cynical person by nature but I've seen this played out many times. I really hope they've figured out a way to keep it from happening and I wish Bloomington and the racers well.
Oh I understand what you are sayin' PJ, I been around this sport for a while myself, and spenders spend will spend, no doubt about that. But what I am seeing from this class is, even if you can afford a $30K engine for a class that pays $600.00 or less to win, a $30K Racesaver engine is not guaranteed put you in the winner circle.

This class is gonna be less about high dollar engines and more about set up. Having cubic dollars to spend ain't a bad thing, and it has never slowed anyone down, at least that I have seen, but with this class, it can only help so much. To be perfectly honest, "I" was NOT excited when I heard first about this class, but the more I looked into it, the more I think it might be a good deal for guys that just can't spend 30K or more for a 410 or even a Modified engine.

I do see the "possibility" of being very competitive for a total investment of $15-16,000.00 or even less, actually I have seen a VERY nice complete car that is a proven winner, race ready that was purchased for $16K. That's for a race car, that if you don't wad it up, you can race it for a couple seasons with minor maintenance?

I think before next season is finished, you will see somebody at Bloomington running a car that they have less than $12,000.00 total in, that is having just as much fun as guys spending WAY more than that for engine alone in other classes.

Don't get me wrong, this class will never replace the 410's in my book!

But it is an avenue for the guys that can't afford to be competitive in a 410.

3 members like this post: CCFEHR, PJ Wright, ronmil
11/30/14, 4:20 PM   #15
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
30 grand, maybe for 3 brand new from top to bottom, Wow!
JT And how many are you ordering?

11/30/14, 8:32 PM   #16
treecitytornado

I'll take 2, Jim, lol. In all seriousness; most legal Racesaver motors are between $6,500 and $9,000. That is a motor that has run up front or won races too. I hope this series takes off well and they add them in at other Indiana tracks too!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racesaver Sprint Series Meeting in Bloomington