IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 13 Midgets to start at Eldora
9/22/14, 2:31 AM   #11
flagboy55

I agree with Mr Bahama, the feature was outstanding in spite of low car count. I wish i could put a finger on the reasons (and I'm sure there are many) for the low car count. It amazes me you get 200 midgets for the chili bowl but struggle to get 20 or 25 at a lot of outdoor events. Sometimes i think people don't want to show up and race for 3rd or 4th, because your pretty much ain't gonna beat the kuntz cars unless they have problems. But that ain't much different then trying to beat the swindells in Tulsa, or like it was some years ago running against the lewis cars. I wish one of you guys would fix it for us!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/22/14, 2:32 AM   #12
Tumey's 55

As a fan, I have never felt cheated when I attended a USAC race. Could not make 4 Crown this year but agree with the sentiment that more midgets would be nice. The numbers at Eldora have been down the last few years but the racing still very good. Car count does not make a race.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Clydesdale, flagboy55, Indy, jim goerge, ronmil
9/22/14, 6:22 AM   #13
Re: 13 Midgets to start at Eldora
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
The question is .....Why would someone give up part of their salary ? The master plan is in place...take all you can....as long as you can get it...take all you can....when the oil all runs out; fade into the sunset with enough cash to retire on!!! I think it is genius!!! Hurry up and get your 2015 license so the president can get his raise!!
Once again you act like you donated your time when you worked for USAC. Between you, your wife and your kid, your family made pretty good money for a lot of years. Many of the problems today are rooted to your era, although I thought you were good at your job. Sometimes decisions that cause problems don't come to light until later.

5 members like this post: Clydesdale, Coach, Koonzee, mc/rider, vitron
9/22/14, 11:51 AM   #14
4th turn fan

As flagboy stated about being difficult competing with the kuntz crew,,,,,that is,,,,until all 3 were taken out in one mishap ( sat. )...Then,,it was time to shuffle the deck...

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, mowerman
9/22/14, 5:41 PM   #15
DaveP63

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS2683 View Post
since 2000
OK. Fix it. What will get them back? What will get them back on the half miles? Let's hear some suggestions.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 13 Midgets to start at Eldora