IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway
8/6/14, 12:48 PM   #1
Kokomo Speedway
PutaWingonIT24

If Gas City Closes it gates(Which I hope not) does anyone think Kokomo will start Friday night racing?

8/6/14, 1:52 PM   #2
JarrettFarms73

Good question. Just thinking out loud though, I doubt it.

If I understand correctly, the O'Connors don't reside in Kokomo so it'd be hard to get from any day job to the track on a Friday.

Take that w/ a grain of dust. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong... today.

8/6/14, 2:21 PM   #3
racefan20

I asked them that question weeks ago when the rumors started and they answered no it has always been a Sunday night track. They might however consider a few special shows on Friday. That is if course subject to change but that's what I was told. Personally I love them running on Sunday so I have 3 nights every weekend to see sprint cars. For those of you up north it would suck. I wouldn't start shoveling dirt on gas city's grave yet you never know what will happen with this situation

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, rachasin
8/6/14, 2:27 PM   #4
Re: Kokomo Speedway
PutaWingonIT24

You make a good point.

Here is me thinking about loud: I wish the O'Connors could be able to take over Gas City.
Last edited by PutaWingonIT24; 8/6/14 at 2:32 PM.

4 members like this post: racing2bwithu2, ronmil, sc17x, suskybass
8/6/14, 2:34 PM   #5
PutaWingonIT24

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I asked them that question weeks ago when the rumors started and they answered no it has always been a Sunday night track. They might however consider a few special shows on Friday. That is if course subject to change but that's what I was told. Personally I love them running on Sunday so I have 3 nights every weekend to see sprint cars. For those of you up north it would suck. I wouldn't start shoveling dirt on gas city's grave yet you never know what will happen with this situation
I like them running on Sunday's too, but the last Sunday race is in August and I'm guessing that because of School stating. They don't want to keep the kids out late.

8/6/14, 4:14 PM   #6
Nate

Lets not hang Gas City out to dry just yet, from everything I've heard and read so far they are still trying to work a deal for Gas City. That being said, I'm not sure if they would be willing to switch to Fridays but Montpelier has greatly updated and improved their facilities and that could be an option if they were willing to switch nights. If they stuck with Saturdays they would still be competing with all of the tracks down south.

8/6/14, 5:14 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

I think it is hard enough to get to Gas City on Friday, and it sets less than a mile from an interstate. All tracks lose crowds once school starts. Last year at Gas City the crowds were terrible after school started. Friday you also go against high school football. I think it would be very hard to get through Indy to Kokomo on a Friday night.

8/6/14, 5:27 PM   #8
Jrp4554

Liberty had 35 cars last week on a Friday night. Just saying. SW Ohio could definitely support a Friday night non wing show.

1 member likes this post:
8/6/14, 5:37 PM   #9
nonwing77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
Liberty had 35 cars last week on a Friday night. Just saying. SW Ohio could definitely support a Friday night non wing show.
That's still a tough comparison, at least 17 of those guys, myself included would not have been there if it wasn't a series race. Plus a few more wouldn't have been there if Bloomington was racing that night. Not bashing, but just stating some thoughts to keep in mind.

8/6/14, 6:00 PM   #10
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Just stating ifs here but I think you would see Montpelier pick up a few Friday shows and probably run sprints if this were to happen but I am hoping it doesn't

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway