IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Mel for trying
8/3/14, 2:02 PM   #41
PIT CART

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
Does anyone know the reason the city won't let them install new grandstands?
I am not sure but this has been talk around the speedway for 10 years. They have a small section of normal bleachers that never get filled up on a regular Friday show. In my opinion the bleachers are not as bad as people make them out to be. Take a cushion or blanket to pad your butt and enjoy some great racing!!!

7 members like this post: cwfan08, fish, gastown, mowerman, Nate, NEMA88, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/4/14, 2:42 PM   #42
Re: Thank you Mel for trying
chadmrl
Inactive Member

SAW THIS POSTED THIS MORNING...

http://www.gascityi69speedway.org/

8/4/14, 2:57 PM   #43
wrestler135

I don't see why you're complaining, wood doesn't get more comfortable at different tracks. I went to gas city Friday and as usual my butt fell asleep so I stood up between races, same for kokomo, same for putnamville. I don't see why you can't just suck it up and see some good racing

8/4/14, 4:42 PM   #44
addictedtodirt

Was listening to 107.5fm sports talk here in Indy (also 1070am) this morning and heard more than one commercial about Gas City i69 running this Friday, August 8th. The radio add was for the Grant County fair.

First time I've ever heard a radio spot for GC. And yes, they mentioned sprints would be running.

Hoping for the best!!

2 members like this post: PIT CART, speed bump
8/4/14, 4:55 PM   #45
NEMA88

I'm not sure how accurate this commercial was considering the Grant County fair was in June and the Fairgrounds are in Marion and have nothing to do with the racetrack in Gas City. For now I think we wait for official word.

8/4/14, 4:56 PM   #46
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
Was listening to 107.5fm sports talk here in Indy (also 1070am) this morning and heard more than one commercial about Gas City i69 running this Friday, August 8th. The radio add was for the Grant County fair.

First time I've ever heard a radio spot for GC. And yes, they mentioned sprints would be running.

Hoping for the best!!
I heard it too, think those are paid by the grant co tourist bureau or chamber of commerce.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/4/14, 4:57 PM   #47
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

No negativity meant here, but here's my thoughts on it.

The Track owner is probably going to run it the rest of the season to satisfy and honor the sponsorships he's sold.

My suggestion is that if you want it to continue and/or a buyer to show interest. You'll be there if you can

Edit:
If it is news to run

There is no fact behind this, As I said, Just thoughts
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/4/14 at 4:59 PM.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/4/14, 10:58 PM   #48
cleatziff

I am not complaining about the wood. My problem with the grand stands is the place where my feet go is a few inches from where my butt goes. I have not tried the regular bleachers in turn 4. Maybe i am being picky. But i can do that here where there are other options. If gas city was my only option i would go more often. I have always enjoyed the racing at gas city.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Mel for trying