IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington tree huggers
7/16/14, 9:08 AM   #1
Bloomington tree huggers
Big Willy

I just read an article in the paper about the latest attempt by Monroe County Commissioner Iris Kiesling to de-rail the I-69 project through Monroe County. I guess in June the commissioners changed the noise ordinance to limit noise from 10pm to 6am. How will this affect the speedway in Bloomington? Are they starting earlier to finish by 10?

7/16/14, 9:25 AM   #2
Re: Bloomington tree huggers
Bloomington Speedway

Should have no effect on Bloomington Speedway, full speed ahead.

Also in today's paper, INDOT is suing Monroe County in Marion County and asking for an immediate stay on this new ordinance. A ruling is suppose to be issued this afternoon.

Don't you just love it when your tax dollars, sue your other tax dollars, over noise made, by your other tax dollars. And the WINNER is, the ATTORNEYS!

Let's all just get on with the racing!

Indiana Sprint Week this Friday at Bloomington Speedway in perfect weather, what more could you ask for?

7/16/14, 9:34 AM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The whole damn thing was unreasonable to begin with. Anything Audible 50ft from the source of the sound? 10pm fully charged penalty fee and not progressive. Even if it was a 80 decibels at a hundred yards from the property. $500 for non compliance from 10-11 $2,500 from 11-12 and $5,000 12-6 would be something more reasonable.

Also the fact that it's intention was for I-69 but would affect everyone is total BS.

It should be thrown out on it's ear.

Glad, There's a stay on it and hope it's defeated at least in it's current form.

7/16/14, 10:13 AM   #4
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The whole damn thing was unreasonable to begin with. Anything Audible 50ft from the source of the sound? 10pm fully charged penalty fee and not progressive. Even if it was a 80 decibels at a hundred yards from the property. $500 for non compliance from 10-11 $2,500 from 11-12 and $5,000 12-6 would be something more reasonable.

Also the fact that it's intention was for I-69 but would affect everyone is total BS.

It should be thrown out on it's ear.

Glad, There's a stay on it and hope it's defeated at least in it's current form.
Chuck, don't ya just love it, when them "do-rites" gets a hold of something they know nothing about, it doesn't take but about 3 of them to get everyone in the country upset, all they gota do is bring it up, and there are a whole bunch more, just as ignorant as them, to keep rolling anything, wears me out, our whole country is full of them now! Bob

2 members like this post: bn kleen, Charles Nungester
7/16/14, 10:18 AM   #5
Bloomington Speedway

No stay yet! That decision will come later today.
Just didn't want the cart getting in front of the horse.

Who knows, the Marion County judge could actually side with Monroe County's new ordinance, it is guberment we are talking about.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington tree huggers