IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fitting Crankshaft Thru Motor Plate on Sprint car
7/7/14, 10:14 AM   #11
Re: Fitting Crankshaft Thru Motor Plate on Sprint car
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratracer34 View Post
Thanks Guys____Can you cut the motor plate a little bigger to get it to fit thru and will it still fit/turn in the torque ball housing ? Thanks again.
As far as I know, the torque ball housing bolt pattern hasn't changed in years, more like decades, so it will still work with the newly enlarged hole. Surely there is a machine shop close by you can trust to enlarge the motorplate hole, or not! I can do it in my shop, but we're many miles apart. If you have the crank out, that would be an option, but if you do the motorplate, then the next time you won't have that problem! Just sayin! Bob

7/7/14, 4:39 PM   #12
ratracer34

Thanks Bob

7/7/14, 8:01 PM   #13
sprint18

Good chance you will have to grind on the torque ball housing too. You will know if the car won't turn over. It is best to have the flange turned and rebalanced like previously stated and you have to worry about it again.

7/9/14, 10:15 PM   #14
ratracer34

thanks for all your info guys

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fitting Crankshaft Thru Motor Plate on Sprint car