IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Lightning Sprints
6/18/14, 5:45 PM   #51
clb

Guest pass who will I need to see about that once im there?

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
6/18/14, 6:22 PM   #52
Bradleyracing86

The F86 is my 2nd favorite to the Corsair..

Generally there is always a drivers meeting at the MMSA table after the tracks drivers meeting. Our sign ups and pill draw are conducted at that table. Carrin will be there to help you get signed in. -andy

1 member likes this post: DAD
6/18/14, 7:26 PM   #53
Re: MMSA Lightning Sprints
DAD

Andy

When Doug was a little kid I got him a Corsair ceiling fan for his room, so he could look up and see that bent wing Bad Ass diving down on him in his bed. We never got it up. It's a racing thing most people wouldn't understand. It is probably around the house somewhere still in the box. I was kinda of found of the F-86 Super jet with that big *** (bulbous nose) sticking out the front of it.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 6/19/14 at 8:59 AM.

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
6/18/14, 11:08 PM   #54
clb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
The F86 is my 2nd favorite to the Corsair..

Generally there is always a drivers meeting at the MMSA table after the tracks drivers meeting. Our sign ups and pill draw are conducted at that table. Carrin will be there to help you get signed in. -andy
Ok thanks

6/20/14, 12:31 AM   #55
Mike M 67

I talked with the Staff at North Vernon Twin Cities speedway and the scales has now been calibrated to the pound.

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
6/20/14, 2:11 AM   #56
cmiracingvids

Good deal mike. Can we go back again this year besides the one more time we already have? I really liked the way the track was.

By the way, looking forward to Columbus fair race. Thanks for doing your part to make it a great event.

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
6/20/14, 7:16 AM   #57
Unlucky#9

Schaefer Photography did an excelent job on the fliers for the fair race if I do say so myself. Now if I could only get my hands on a few so I can post them on the bulletin boards over here at work.

6/20/14, 3:59 PM   #58
DAD

Somebody needs to get that article about track prep and give the Fair people a copy, at least the part about starting at least a week before with the watering of the track.

I know that it's hard to bring a track out of mothballs but just lots of water the day of the race doesn't help much. That old infield is like a big old sponge sucking water away from the track.

Honest Dad himself

6/20/14, 5:18 PM   #59
Unlucky#9

I know exactly what you mean there, I was the track prepper for go karts at Greensburg the last 2 years. They only occasisonally raced there, so every time I had to start the monday before the race with grass growing out of the track. I had to disk the entire track up and water the absolute crap out of it. Then the rest of the week was spent smoothing it out and trying to get rid of all the hills that the tractor pullers had left. By the time I was done it had to be nearly glass smooth because with karts there's no suspension to soak up the bumps.

6/20/14, 10:03 PM   #60
Jim Gardner

That fair race at Greensburg last year started out very sketchy... but by feature time it was about the most fun I've ever had in a kart.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Lightning Sprints