IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week at Gas City I-69 Speedway June 11, 2014
6/10/14, 8:51 PM   #11
Twister17

This is a premier Usac Midget event with a great non wing sprint support division. Mods are unnecessary.

6/10/14, 9:08 PM   #12
Re: Indiana Midget Week at Gas City I-69 Speedway June 11, 2
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Ok, Thanks but note my concern.
I'm 185 miles away (3hours) $4 gas & $65 room. Then turn back and drive 2 hours plus to LPS when I could just head there Thursday about 105 mile from the house. Sleep in my own bed Wed nite, 5 hours of driving down to 2, less miles on the old beater & me.
[Sounds like Im already talking myself out of it]

Sounds like a no brainer huh? But no I've made the trip to GC I69 for many shows over many years, not just USAC and was well rewarded with some very satisfying racing. I too, was there for last years IMW event where we dodged the weather bullet.

As we all know, many times races need called not because of track conditions
but pit conditions, so we shall see.
Unfortunate, that someone can't geographically coordinate the Midget Week schedule so many of us (including the entertainment haulers) are not zig-zagging the state.

I'm much obliged to anybody that updates on this event status.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, mowerman, speed bump
6/10/14, 9:23 PM   #13
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Ok, Thanks but note my concern.
I'm 185 miles away (3hours) $4 gas & $65 room. Then turn back and drive 2 hours plus to LPS when I could just head there Thursday about 105 mile from the house. Sleep in my own bed Wed nite, 5 hours of driving down to 2, less miles on the old beater & me.
[Sounds like Im already talking myself out of it]

Sounds like a no brainer huh? But no I've made the trip to GC I69 for many shows over many years, not just USAC and was well rewarded with some very satisfying racing. I too, was there for last years IMW event where we dodged the weather bullet.

As we all know, many times races need called not because of track conditions
but pit conditions, so we shall see.
Unfortunate, that someone can't geographically coordinate the Midget Week schedule so many of us (including the entertainment haulers) are not zig-zagging the state.

I'm much obliged to anybody that updates on this event status.
Duly noted. We all feel your pain with high priced fuel and motel charges. I just wouldn't throw in the towel until tomorrow at the earliest. Rain has stopped here so maybe it will bypass Gas City as well.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/10/14, 9:53 PM   #14
Austin Scott

Thanks to everyone for updates! Please keep them coming and hopefully I can make the trip over to enjoy some great racing!

6/10/14, 10:08 PM   #15
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

The radar right now is rather colorful. A lot of green, yellow and some red throughout Indiana. A cell is now forming just south of Anderson with mostly yellow & red so that will be one to look out for in the next few hours. Most everything traveling northeast.

Much of the weather has already passed by Gas City. Most of which was showing up on radar was green so nothing extremely heavy but again this is from someone who is 30 miles south of the speedway. Mowerman would be a better source since he is at the speedway itself.

We will try to keep you informed the best we can. We are hoping for a mostly dry day tomorrow so we can all enjoy some racing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/10/14, 10:14 PM   #16
Stephen Cording

Flown over from the UK for this week. Come on weather give us a break

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, Task Force
6/10/14, 10:16 PM   #17
19racer

Go to www.noaa.gov and in the box type in gas city, Indiana. Then scroll down below radar mad to graph. Click that then find rain chances they have it broke down hour by hour. Heaviest is before 7am as of now

1 member likes this post: speed bump
6/10/14, 10:19 PM   #18
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I think how much we get tonight will really dictate tomorrow..we will know when we wake up..fingers are crossed!!

Tyler

6/11/14, 1:02 AM   #19
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

mike I stopped at LPS on the way to gas city so i'm not there /

6/11/14, 1:17 AM   #20
BeerCloud

My wife and I got a chance to go to Lincoln Speedway and Williams Grove for the Outlaws races earlier this year (a bucket list thing) and on Friday morning we got 3.5" of rain that didn't stop til 11am. I thought there was no way in heck they would race, but they(Williams Grove) got the show in. So ya just never know til the track says one way or the other.

1 member likes this post: Onlydirt
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week at Gas City I-69 Speedway June 11, 2014