IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USSA Sprints at Anderson on Sunday
4/28/14, 11:25 AM   #11
Re: USSA Sprints at Anderson on Sunday
Circletrack40

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Not making excuses for Armstrong, but he said he lost his brakes on lap 15. If true, that would explain the rough driving. But who knows?
If he did indeed loose his brakes he should have driven accordingly.

1 member likes this post: team3521
4/28/14, 11:43 AM   #12
monkeyboy

He did drive accordingly. He won didnt he?

1 member likes this post: fish
4/28/14, 11:48 AM   #13
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Not making excuses for Armstrong, but he said he lost his brakes on lap 15. If true, that would explain the rough driving. But who knows?
I don't believe it for a second! I watched him, he had no issues with his brakes!
BS excuse! But I agree, he should have driven accordingly if he did lose his brakes.

Armstrong tried for 3 laps to get to Neuenschwander's back bumper and he finally got to it and blasted him, HARD! In my opinion, it was on purpose!
He also tried for several laps to get to Pierce...and got him too!

It wasn't a loss of brakes!
USSA should have at least put him to the tail....

4/28/14, 12:22 PM   #14
Circletrack40

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
He did drive accordingly. He won didnt he?
Yes he did win, the NASCAR way.

4/28/14, 7:42 PM   #15
Lauren Besecker

Howdy, people...long time no see .

WELLLLL....I still poke my head in here from time to time, and while I have been successful in ignoring the foolishness... in this case, I can't help myself. See, some of you folks are just plain silly!

So, forgive me in advance for interrupting these self-righteous rants with facts, BUT...

1) Caleb DID, in fact, lose his brakes. I'm sure Kevin would welcome all of you nay-sayers and/or psychics to come out to the shop to help him fix them. That is, if you're inclined to pursue ACTUAL evidence (facts) for your Nancy Drew (or Nancy Grace) "mystery". LoL

2) Could Caleb have pulled in when he lost brakes? Uh, yeah I suppose, BUT...um, he IS a race car driver. LoL Let's see..... Caleb kind of knows his way around Anderson a little bit (grew up 20 mins from there and has raced there PLENTY), knows how to at least "manage" a lack of brakes (this wasn't his first rodeo), had a plenty fast race car (quick time) and was running for a podium spot AT WORST. Sooooo...yeah, I'm pretty sure Caleb Armstrong isn't the only driver out there who *might* have chosen to stay out and give 'er a go with ALL of THOSE things considered. C'mon now...let's keep it real.

3) Now if you experts REALLY knew Caleb, you would know that not only has he won a few *little* races here and there without "punting" anyone, but he also (and often) has graciously and gladly finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th...and 44th in even MORE races...even in races where his car was plenty fast and he probably "should" have run closer to the front. In other words, he's hardly known for "manufacturing" his finishes at the expense of others. Actually, the REAL "experts" on Caleb know this FACT: When Caleb DOES decide to take a "gamble"...it's either gonna be specatacular OR...any "carnage" to-be will come at HIS OWN expense lol.

4) Caleb's family has known Aaron for YEARS, as has Kevin (Caleb's crew chief, in case the "experts" need clarification). Armstrongs have done LOTS of business with Aaron's family, and Kevin raced (and rubbed wheels!)with Aaron for many years back in the day. Therefore, it stands to reason (for the reasonable lol) that Aaron Pierce is not exactly the first guy on the "hit list" of ANYONE at C&A Motorsports EVER, much less for a "W" at a 15 car race on a Sunday afternoon at Anderson Speedway. Puh-leeeaase.

5) As noted (repeatedly), Caleb didn't mean to "tangle"with THE LEADER, Aaron Pierce, so he MOST CERTAINLY would not have intentionally initiated contact (or NEED to?) with someone named, "Neuenschwander" (sorry, I'm personally not familiar with that person). No bandwagon jumping needed.

6) And lastly, a nit picky FACT:No "security" was needed to break up ANYTHING between Aaron and Caleb. Yes, Aaron was unhappy so he came down and said a few words (and no, by all accounts, they weren't horrible, awful, terrible, scary words either lol) to Caleb...then, Aaron kept it moving. PEOPLE, Aaron didn't need "security" to control himself..give him some credit lol. Maybe that was because Aaron may know deep down inside that Caleb didn't bump him with malice? OR PERHAPS, was it because Aaron decided to keep it a little classier than some of you have chosen to?

Hard tellin'...at least for me, a chick who doesn't claim to be an "expert" on the thoughts and motivations of other humans (in the absense FACTS, or even an actual conversation with said humans).

Toodles...oh, and to all of my pals...as you can CLEARLY see, I'm totally still watching you LoL

xoxoxoxo
Lauren (IOW stalker)

4/28/14, 7:51 PM   #16
Honest-Sam

Agreed. I wish I could 'triple like'.

I was in the pits, and spoke to Kevin directly. He told me that the brakes were 'gone' very early. Said that the car had not been run in 3 or 4 years. Anderson PD was there, waiting and watching. Nothing happened though. It's as if they expected something.......

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, FishBurger, Lauren Besecker
4/28/14, 7:58 PM   #17
Mrs.Goacher5g

Very well said!!

4/28/14, 8:02 PM   #18
Lauren Besecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
Agreed. I wish I could 'triple like'.

I was in the pits, and spoke to Kevin directly. He told me that the brakes were 'gone' very early. Said that the car had not been run in 3 or 4 years. Anderson PD was there, waiting and watching. Nothing happened though. It's as if they expected something.......
That's awesome...Kevin said they didn't even notice that there were police there! However, I still feel pretty confident that Aaron and Caleb would not have "rumbled" over this issue in the absense of "the law. They are pretty civilized dudes (and familiar with one another)...or maybe it's because they don't make a habit of waving around the axes they have to grind (that have left chips on their shoulders!) LOL sorry...LOL

4/28/14, 8:04 PM   #19
PJ Wright

Hi Lauren! Sure have missed your posts, even the ones I didn't agree with. Since I know you're still keeping an eye on us, I'll be on my best behavior.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: Lauren Besecker
4/28/14, 9:34 PM   #20
Midget4

I have watched caleb race for years, and I have never seen him dump a person on purpose.. He's smarter and a hell of a lot better than that.. Caleb in my opinion should be in the nascar feeder series in the next few years

1 member likes this post: Lauren Besecker
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USSA Sprints at Anderson on Sunday