IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Burg Beauties"
4/8/14, 9:09 AM   #11
Re: "Burg Beauties"
DAD

Team

Is that the same "EARL" that used to get so many coments about how dry and dusty he ran his race track, something about the fans couldn't see the race cars. Nobody is perfect, had God not wanted smooth race tracks he probably wouldn't have ever invented "PAVEMENT". "Salem In." excluded.

PS. Just keeping on post, Sean's video made it look almost like 4 wheel Moto X.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/8/14 at 9:13 AM.

2 members like this post: fish, mc/rider
4/8/14, 10:13 AM   #12
Deansnuts

Thanks to the Jackslash crew for getting USAC back on the website..Thanks guys....

1 member likes this post: DAD
4/9/14, 2:48 PM   #13
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Love L'burg, but gotta agree with Mr Short. The "Ramp" getting into 3 has been there for the last 2 years and looks worse this year. Needs a good work over on corner entry at both ends to smooth out the transitions.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

4/9/14, 7:54 PM   #14
suzuki756

That ramp has claimed a lot of cars . Can't believe its not fixed yet but hey the track is pretty to look at from the stands . Isn't that all that matters

4/9/14, 8:44 PM   #15
dustbowl

Thought the race track was great, good job Dave and crew. That's how it used to be almost every week 2010-2011

1 member likes this post:
4/10/14, 7:22 AM   #16
brian2h

one good thing about heavy rough race tracks tire soaking and any sort of traction control dont work.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dustbowl, kcarm92, koolaid89
4/10/14, 9:40 AM   #17
BIGEBUDMAN

Agree, Dave and crew work there asses off on the track. It still amazes me how many people ***** about a track after they watch a great night of racing. Great camera work Jackslash! Thanks

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Gregg
4/10/14, 10:33 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Stayed completely out of it till now and am still going to do so. Thats between a team and the track.

However, I seen a grandstand full of people standing and cheering for the last three laps.

I have one question, Was the track raceable? Or should it have been cancelled? It rained up till 3pm friday after getting over 3 inches of rain.

I had three newbies in my area that I knew of. They all said it was awesome. I've seen pics of cars running three and four wide with captions of Pick a groove, Any Groove.

Have a nice day, both the teams and the track have my respect I won't deny that sometimes there are rifts or dips and there were..

Honestly perfect tracks and one groove racing woulnd't bring too many fans to the track, Want evidence? I witnessed many a night on the old track with same facilities with less than 300 in the stands with 35 car fields and catfish racing and USAC races had maybe 1500. That was more like 5000 fans, many who came back because of awesome shows like that.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/10/14 at 12:54 PM.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, DAD
4/10/14, 10:42 AM   #19
DAD

My mind kinda of goes and comes a little with age, but thanks to GOOGLE here is the scoop from no one else but "Smoke" himself. http://www2.cincinnati.com/blogs/shi...burg-speedway/ It's a spring "SPRING" thing most of you guys just wouldn't understand!!! Does anybody know why they have them big old pumps all around the race track?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/10/14 at 11:05 AM.

4/11/14, 12:34 AM   #20
TheLip2

Some pumps in the fairgrounds supply the city with water, other pumps can remove seep water from the fairgrounds.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Burg Beauties"