IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO Sprints at Berlin on 9/27
3/18/14, 5:59 PM   #1
WoO Sprints at Berlin on 9/27
Stevensville Mike

World of Outlaws Sprints have added Berlin Raceway to their 2014 schedule on 9/27.

http://www.woosprint.com/news/2530-o...aceway-sept-27

SOD Sprints were to race there on that date. I wonder if it will be a double feature show or if SOD has just been bumped? SOD has 9/20 open on their calendar. As of right now, the Berlin Raceway site says nothing about WoO and SOD is on for 9/27 on their schedule.

Always subject to change, of course.....

2 members like this post: koolaid89, nathans1012
3/19/14, 9:37 AM   #2
Re: WoO Sprints at Berlin on 9/27
earla

SOD is rescheduled for 9/26 per their website so will be a double header weekend for sprint car racing!

3 members like this post: koolaid89, nathans1012, Stevensville Mike
3/19/14, 10:19 AM   #3
koolaid89

Hopefully they get Wild Walt to do the track prep this year... Two nights of winged sprints is hard on any track, then you take the Michigan mindset as far as track prep is concerned and that place will be one crispy turd.

3/19/14, 2:02 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are they covering the pavement with dirt for this show?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
3/19/14, 2:17 PM   #5
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are they covering the pavement with dirt for this show?
Yes they are Mike. I think this may be the third year for doing it. It originated as a Friday Saturday WoO dirt late model show. Now they are running the last 4 nights of their season on dirt. Sounds like it's been successful. I have to shoot every Saturday, but I may be tempted to make the 3 hour drive for one of the Friday night shows. I haven't sat in the stands of a racetrack for years, but Berlin looks like a cool track to spectate from.

3/19/14, 2:56 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
Yes they are Mike. I think this may be the third year for doing it. It originated as a Friday Saturday WoO dirt late model show. Now they are running the last 4 nights of their season on dirt. Sounds like it's been successful. I have to shoot every Saturday, but I may be tempted to make the 3 hour drive for one of the Friday night shows. I haven't sat in the stands of a racetrack for years, but Berlin looks like a cool track to spectate from.
Thanks James. Berlin is indeed a cool track to spectate from. I have been there on numerous occasions and have enjoyed them all. A rather unique track that offers close racing and great site lines. Enjoy.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/19/14, 4:36 PM   #7
RxIxCxH

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: Lots

This is the 3rd year putting dirt on the pavement for September schedule. Berlin Raceway is a 1st class facility and will host the WoO sprints well, can't wait.

2 members like this post: koolaid89, PIT CART
3/19/14, 9:19 PM   #8
chop

The SOD race last year was one of the better races that I saw all of last year. The dirt they used is stored off of the back of the track. A few years ago the local college redid the football field. That is were the dirt came from that is used. A local company that makes race parts puts on the show. It is a way support the classes that use the parts they make. In years past berlin would put on special end of the year races. The dirt races at the end of the year have replaced year end shows. It also brings in way more fans then normal shows

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
3/19/14, 9:38 PM   #9
Bad Dad 54

Apex not a bad seat in the place, except pits lol, I like Berlin better than MIS, pain to get out of after races so take your time

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO Sprints at Berlin on 9/27