IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Open Wheel Times blog 420
4/24/08, 2:25 PM   #11
Re: Open Wheel Times blog 420
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

TJ I don't get your logic on that one?If your going to cause a red does it matter if the race is called a heat or a non-quailfier?It will take the same time to clean up:confused:

LET THEM RACE, LET THEM RACE:usac:

4/24/08, 2:29 PM   #12
Offy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsvideo View Post
I don't think you should get to make the invert if you haven't transferred through your heat.

Just my opinion.

DM
It's my opinion also:applaud:, especially runnin' "traditional". Passin' is racin':checkered:

4/24/08, 2:48 PM   #13
tjslideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
TJ I don't get your logic on that one?If your going to cause a red does it matter if the race is called a heat or a non-quailfier?It will take the same time to clean up:confused:

LET THEM RACE, LET THEM RACE:usac:
I understand where you are coming from. Coming from the winged side of the world more years ago than I care to admit I used to feel the exact same way. The non-qualifier races have been pretty snappy at the events I've attended (with all the cars in it vs. number of laps it seems like the opposite of what should happen). For me its just personal preference, and I think the biggest reason I enjoy he format is its different than the other series and tracks. Personally, USAC puts on the only show outside of the Knoxville Nationals that time trials do not become stale. With all of the problems people have with USAC the on track product with the National Sprint Cars is not one of them.

4/24/08, 3:13 PM   #14
TNRustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsvideo View Post
I don't think you should get to make the invert if you haven't transferred through your heat. Make the heat races mean somethingDM
Absolutely right. That was one of the things I liked about how CRA/SCRA ran their programs.

4/24/08, 4:22 PM   #15
tonyj

Not to take ANYTHING away from Clayton's win during Sprint Week @ Tri-State, but he dumped it in his heat, ran the Semi, & started towards the front in the feature & got the win. I think greater emphasis should be placed on racing cars on the track, rather than the clock, when it comes to setting the field for the feature. :thumb

4/24/08, 5:17 PM   #16
Jerry Spencer

Just to clarify the motor problem we had (Gas City) was in no way Jeff Claxtons fault, we had some bad plugs. We also know we are a small fish in a big pond and will run by whatever rules set forth.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

4/24/08, 10:54 PM   #17
Blackduce

Anything to make Shane and Jon start in the back.

Lynn

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Open Wheel Times blog 420