IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BR Motorsports starter system?
3/3/14, 5:59 PM   #11
Re: BR Motorsports starter system?
sprintJ1

The one I made looks alot like the 4th post - alum. plate, chevy flex-plate,used a old 10-10 coupler to make hub for flex plate then a ford starter that bolts to alum plate.

3/3/14, 7:33 PM   #12
TQ29m

That's about the same as mine, only I used a starter and flex plate off a Chrysler mini-van, smaller flex plate, and the lower shaft is drilled and tapped for a 3/8- 24 bolt to hold it all together, a little more work to get it ready, but after you've done it a couple of times, it's simple, the starter had the bendix and solenoid on it, so the wiring was easy. Bob

9/6/14, 1:23 AM   #13
sprintcar24

how much was this? im in australia and looking for a setup like this

9/6/14, 8:02 AM   #14
flagboy55

I hope we aren't going back to trying to mandate starters on sprints and midgets. If you want one for tuning ok, buy absolutely not necessary for racing, a waste of time and money imo

2 members like this post: BeerCloud, Jerry Spencer
9/6/14, 9:46 AM   #15
TQ29m

I sold mine to a chap in Australia, a couple or 3 years ago. If you watch what you do, you can make one for under $200.00, US. I don't remember what I had in mine, but it was handy for tuning or just to ck something you had been working on. Bob

9/6/14, 9:50 AM   #16
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I hope we aren't going back to trying to mandate starters on sprints and midgets. If you want one for tuning ok, buy absolutely not necessary for racing, a waste of time and money imo
Thank you

Jerry

1 member likes this post: BeerCloud
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BR Motorsports starter system?