Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The 20 hour after a Napcar race is up

2 members like this post: Bostonian, mtek56
2/24/14, 8:04 PM   #12
Re: Darryl and Daytona
Honest-Sam

I just kinda assume that all commentators are given a loose script of sorts by NASCAR that spells out the things that they are to talk about. AND things that are NOT to talk about. I wonder if they have any freedom at all in that respect.

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
2/24/14, 11:06 PM   #13
chop

Ok its cold and snowing so I will kill sometime on this post. The question I have is this Why does Richard Petty need a car from Tony to race Ms. go daddy. Does he not own a race team. What does Ford and all of the people who work at "Petty Racing" think of this? So does he think his team is a second class team (has junk stuff) or is he just a name they use and has no real say at Petty racing. He cant use any of his own cars to race her. Yes I know this will never happen. Just a different spin on this story

2/24/14, 11:48 PM   #14
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
Ok its cold and snowing so I will kill sometime on this post. The question I have is this Why does Richard Petty need a car from Tony to race Ms. go daddy. Does he not own a race team. What does Ford and all of the people who work at "Petty Racing" think of this? So does he think his team is a second class team (has junk stuff) or is he just a name they use and has no real say at Petty racing. He cant use any of his own cars to race her. Yes I know this will never happen. Just a different spin on this story
I think Tony just has a "Special" car for Richard to use........

2/25/14, 12:52 AM   #15
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I watch it very little but whenever there is a Fox NASCAR Broadcast I just mute it. I can't take hearing Tweedle dee & Tweedle dum's commentary.
I dont know how Mike Joy puts up with it. I bet Hammond and Meyers are glad they're not in the same booth with them.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
2/25/14, 10:26 AM   #16
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
I watch it very little but whenever there is a Fox NASCAR Broadcast I just mute it. I can't take hearing Tweedle dee & Tweedle dum's commentary.
I dont know how Mike Joy puts up with it. I bet Hammond and Meyers are glad they're not in the same booth with them.
Hammond was ole DW's crew chief so he had to listen to him all the time. Mike Joy has to be frustrated dealing with those two idiots.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Gregg, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan
2/25/14, 2:02 PM   #17
ossuks

DW in the 1st Duel from lap 16-13 talked about the teams that took 4 tires made a huge mistake, they were to far behind to catch up. On lap 5 when they caught up and were drafting by he said " there was no doubt in my mind they would catch them"! I would have had a lot of respect for a comment about boy was I wrong vs just making noise!! Unlike most of you I actually liked the Fox crew at 1st, I enjoyed their enthusiasm and passion for a sport, but now, to get my NASCAR nap in I have to turn off the volume!!

2/25/14, 4:47 PM   #18
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I refuse to watch NASCAR races that FOX televises. Doofuss Darrell & Larry McDumb Azz have ruined any race for me that they announce. And that idiot brother of Darrell's is still there even though he is the leader of the biggest cheaters in NASCAR. Trying to fix the chase and yet they still have Mikie there. Go figure.
MIKE !!
Please quit sugar-coating your feelings about Fox broadcasts of NASCRAP events.

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
2/25/14, 8:14 PM   #19
mscs20

Mike Joy said that "rookie Reed Sorenson is involved" when Larson got spun at the end....they are rubbing off on him too.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
2/26/14, 8:04 AM   #20
FEATHERDUSTER

For those of you complaining about the race and the drivers why did you turn it on in the first place, you could have watched reruns of Petticoat Junction.

For me it's all about racing weather it's go-karts, sprints or Nascar.

2 members like this post: badgerfan, sprintsrule
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darryl and Daytona