IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC - Bubba Raceway Park - PPV Comments and Concerns
2/21/14, 11:35 AM   #1
USAC - Bubba Raceway Park - PPV Comments and Concerns
Michael Roth

Hello Everyone,

First and foremost, USAC would like to thank everyone for purchasing the USAC PPV event and your continued support for our sport that we are all very passionate about.

Technical Issues throughout the day and night presented many challenges. It is our commitment to ensure that you able to view a quality program and live stream. Your input is greatly appreciated and helps us to resolve the issues.

Please continue to give us your feed back and concerns as we work through these technical issues and thank your for your patience.

Michael Roth
USAC Media Director

2/21/14, 11:53 AM   #2
Re: USAC - Bubba Raceway Park - PPV Comments and Concerns
on_the_edge

I did not experience any feed issues while racing was going on but the flagstand and front stretch wall cam have terrible quality and we can't see the racing maybe eliminate those 2 from the rotation tonight. The flagstand cam also cuts out I would rather stick with the main cam and see the racing going on. Overall I did not think it was bad but like I said the lighting and camera quality of those two really took away from the racing.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
2/21/14, 11:59 AM   #3
brady

No issues over here. Broadcast was fine.

2/21/14, 1:10 PM   #4
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I just signed up for Night2, but In case you didn't see the following comments on last night's thread ...

Please stop with the fence cam! In that first heat, we missed part of a great battle when it switched to the fence.

We just missed the action at the start of Heat 4 and whatever happened to Cockrum while we were watching the crossed flags and the end of the race. But, it's nice to know that the starter has a checkered flag. :-( Once again, at the end of the semi, we were watching the flag while Wissmiller got the last transfer spot.

The only thing worse than the fence cam would be an in-car camera. It ruins many of the races on Jackslash's videos.

Also, please turn down the music between races. We can't even hear the lineup!

But, otherwise, the video is great here.
Last edited by Dick Monahan; 2/21/14 at 1:12 PM.

2/21/14, 1:15 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just playing it straight and don't mean to insult anyone. This is pretty long and I mean no disrespect.

Hero Cards took up 1.5 laps of a two lap qualifying session, Why not show these before qualifying ever takes place and in one of the down times. After hot-laps, Between heats and consi, Between consi and feature.

Blaring music over the announcer when they were pushing off for heat races, couldn't hear the announcer , Ozzie? give lineups, who was great, goofed a few times but knew it and tried to get it right with the names etc.

The flag-stand cam was whack all night, the flashing yellow light made it like it could never focus and quite honestly The announcer tells us were going green and halfway, For selling a DVD or future video that stuff is all fine but you really can't follow any racing with it. Sometimes these aux cams were left on for a couple laps where nobody could follow anything. Like I said for a video or DVD these cams catching action or a wreck from a different angle is great, For trying to watch a live race on a 13 second lap. TERRIBLE.

The Main Top of the grandstand cam went in and out from good quality to dark and sometimes very grainy in the feed, HOWEVER, We could follow and for the most part see who was battling whom and in what position cars were in. It seems like there is a dark spot at the track entering turn 3 and the cam seemed to have trouble finding focus and got dark only to recover half way down the front straight.

I don't think a streaming short track even will ever be a Nascar multi camera type deal, One you got 13 second laps and jumping cams only confuses the viewer vs a 2.5 mile track and four cams all following the same group of cars. It just doesn't work well.

People purchase to * WATCH THE RACE* and the way to watch a race is follow the top four or five cars. keep track of the racing between them. If someone is making great strides and passing a lot of cars from way back, we keep a eye on them but never lose the fact that a battle is raging for the lead or second while Racer X is coming from 14th to fourth.

I want to be able to purchase and watch the racing, the qualifying, the hot laps. That is all, Thats the entertainment and competition Im buying. The extras, gadgets, music, It really ISN'T a compliment. The racing is why people go to the track, Why people would buy the feeds.

The only add on to following the actual racing is the interviews before, between and after the racing, Those are great but there was a lot of problems with that last night. Keep trying

I got froze or booted about five times times, had some problems logging back on sometimes it was by normal log on and pretty quick, other times I had to used the secure login. Got froze four laps from the end and 40 seconds later got back on to see the last lap. Ok, I'll deal with it, Hope it improves with two nights to go.

I'll purchase tonight and tomorrow on this posting, that your working on it and want to make it better. I could for the most part see most of the racing going on last night. It wasn't a quality I would normally pay for though. Honestly, I seen a whole feature Iphone or Ipad video posted 20 minutes after the feature that was easier to follow and kept track of the top five the whole race, Sure, no closeups or showing the elbows working in the cars but it was good.

Chuck, respectably responding, I know all are good people and are trying. Im sure its as aggravating when having problems as it is for us to watch it or not when their happening, However, We have several options. I want to be able to purchase and watch USAC. Keep working on it. Thanks!

4 members like this post: billw, gtownplowboy, luckybuc97, rachasin
2/21/14, 2:00 PM   #6
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I agree with Chuck. My video was even better than his, with only a few bufferings (none during a race), and no kickoffs. And, I just have a DSL line, so my video speed is always marginal.

I live 1000 miles away from Indiana. I subscribed last year, and watched every race that was presented, except the Midget & Sprint weeks that I managed to attend. If the plan is to do the same this year, I will subscribe again; but, we haven't heard any plan for 2014.

Assuming that's Dean on the main camera, let's trust him to watch the action. He's great at showing the right cars at the right time. Turn off all the other cameras during the races.

3 members like this post: billw, Charles Nungester, rachasin
2/21/14, 2:30 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Yup, Only way to watch short track racing is if the camera was the person at the track. Dean has always done a bang up job at that and whoever was on it last night was. The other cams are for video/replay/dvd

In a nutshell, The end

1 member likes this post: rachasin
2/21/14, 2:55 PM   #8
on_the_edge

I would like to say thanks to USAC, Dean, and the crew for giving us video coverage any is better than none in my book. Yea we have to pay $15 but still better than waiting for twitter updates with no video to go along with it. I'm glad they are able to give us something and I hope they continue to do this for the out of state races (hopefully I can get off work for the rest of them though). Again thanks guy's and I hear its raining down there right now hope we get to see some action tonight.

2/21/14, 7:16 PM   #9
gtownplowboy

Completely agree. Do not want the hero cards during action. Even if flag cam was perfect,imo you just cannot see enough to justify. Maybe a cam in turn one showing the whole front stretch that follows cars into and thru 1 and 2 instead. Like the fact that usac is on here and open to suggestions . The fence cam serves no purpose either. And If you win a race and they want to interview you, take the time to do the interview and don't act like its a burden on your time. Thanks for giving us this option for those of us that couldn't travel. Each broadcast gets a little better.Thanks Dean and usac

2/22/14, 5:37 PM   #10
Millsvideo

Tonight's PPV Live Video Stream of the "Bubba Army Winter Dirt Games V" for USAC National Sprint Cars goes live at 6PM ET, 3PM PT. We will begin with a replay of Thursday Night's Season Opening event, in it's entirety, followed by live coverage of tonight's event. Tune in and see all the action from Ocala in one night at www.usacracing.tv….

Dean Mills
USAC Media

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC - Bubba Raceway Park - PPV Comments and Concerns