IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daytona 500 tickets?
2/11/14, 8:46 AM   #1
Daytona 500 tickets?
Quantrill

Looking for 2 together. mbillingsracing@gmail.com

2/11/14, 9:18 AM   #2
PAW

Don't waste your time and money.

4 members like this post: dkdorkboy, FALCONEDDIE, ronmil, The Old Coyote
2/11/14, 10:36 AM   #3
Re: Daytona 500 tickets?
Gee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Don't waste your time and money.
and that is coming from a guy who says.. "wings dont move air they SUCK"..... go to the race, it should be on everyones "bucket list" I will always remember my first Daytona 500!

1 member likes this post: ISF
2/11/14, 11:18 AM   #4
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Ive found the best time to by Nascar tickets from a scalper is at the drop of the green.Ive got tickets 50&60% off and youll still have 195 laps for a decent nap

2/11/14, 12:31 PM   #5
ISF

Quantrill, I've been to over 20 Daytona 500's and have had tickets in advance and have bought tickets before the race. You might keep an eye on the merchandise section of the classified ads in the Daytona News-Journal newspaper. There are usually quite a few tickets for sale there. Just keep your eyes open.

If you're in Daytona a few days prior to the race nose around a little at some of the bars and restaurants in town. Places like The North Turn in Ponce De Leon Inlet or Inlet Harbor, Boothill Saloon, Down The Hatch or Harbor Lights, or even the Hooters right across 92 from the speedway. Your gonna' get the best deal from someone who had some of their group back out at the last minute. Don't be afraid to ask around at these places.

If you wait 'till race day to buy tickets at the track be sure you know what you're buying. Obviously, have a good recall of where the sections are and how high the row numbers are. Tower sections are generally where you want to be and you can see all the way around the track from tower seats. Don't buy anything on the backstretch. Period.

Do not be in any huge hurry to get somewhere following the race. In that regard the Daytona 500 is much like every other venue of it's size.

Disregard the snarky remarks being posted here and go to the 500 if you think you want to. You may hate it, you may not, but there is only one way to know for yourself. Love it or hate it, the Daytona 500 is one of the biggest races in the World and is special to auto racing.

We have family who lives in Port Orange and I've had some of the best times of my life in Daytona and at Daytona International Speedway but things changed in NASCAR racing and for us personally. Now when we go to Florida in February we go to Ocala for the sprint cars.

2/11/14, 9:47 PM   #6
sp6967

I agree with gee2 it needs to be put in the commode.

2/12/14, 8:36 AM   #7
Quantrill

Thanks for the input,, We have been for the past 3 years in a row and many times before that. Just looking for someone on here that might have a 2 tickets for sale. Thanks

2/12/14, 10:17 AM   #8
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
Thanks for the input,, We have been for the past 3 years in a row and many times before that. Just looking for someone on here that might have a 2 tickets for sale. Thanks
OK. Sorry for the overkill post. I was assuming you'd never been to the 500 before.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daytona 500 tickets?