IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do you give back to sprint car sponsors??
11/28/13, 12:21 PM   #11
Re: How do you give back to sprint car sponsors??
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Is this the Merry Go Round in Evansville?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/30/13, 7:15 AM   #12
bigvee

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 40

I always visit Stoll's Country Inn and thank them for their track and event sponsorships at Tri-State Speedway.
In my opinion the buffet there is awesome.

11/30/13, 11:38 AM   #13
donwilshe

First off when a sponsor gives a team engines, cars and parts. When the
relationship is over give back what the sponsor gave you! Bad Karma can
be a *****!
Last edited by donwilshe; 11/30/13 at 11:39 AM.

11/30/13, 5:48 PM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Is this the Merry Go Round in Evansville?
Yes it is Frank and as someone else said we also go to Stoll;s too

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, rightrear
11/30/13, 5:56 PM   #15
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks Jim. I will go there and mention their sponsorship. Somehow I had missed Stoll's sponsorship activities. I'll be sure to mention that the next time I eat there. I suppose this just shows that we need to be sure we get the word out about who provides sponsorships. I would be particularly interested in a good restaurant in one of the cities which hosts Indiana Sprint Week next year which can provide food which is easy to eat in the pits.

11/30/13, 8:23 PM   #16
Bad Dad 54

I've crewed for friend & he had many sponsors, couple even said he gets more people in his business tell him, Yeah saw you name on a race car, drivers name so&so. Or so&so told me to come here, business people were really surprised, said they more people from race car than any other ad they've had. We've done cruise nights, set the car out in front of a business & leave it there, even done a few car shows too. Kids love it when you let'm sit in the car, & if you got a bag of suckers ..... oh...... yur the man now LOL

11/30/13, 8:48 PM   #17
rightrear

Try it with photos. Roy Jackson would always get photos for all of his sponsors. They love it. It just so happens that I have plenty if you need them. But please support your track Photographer.

12/1/13, 7:24 PM   #18
jim goerge

Frank When at Haubstadt you can order Sandy;s pizza and they will deliver in the pits Mrs Ballou and I order before the sprint feature and by the time Mods get ready to run their feature our pizza is there I always laugh cuz Sean Buckley has Sandy;s on speed dial and he lives in Indy lol

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, rclaridge
2/4/14, 6:56 PM   #19
Danny Burton

Back to the top for this. With the season here about to start, we need to support the people who support this sport.

Here in this town, on the southeast side, a new Casey's General Store is going up. It'll be perfect for fans (Mr. Wendell) east of here passing by on their way to Bloomington. I've stopped more than once at the Casey's in Mooresville on my way to LPS. Open 24 hours as I happily discovered on my way back one early morning.

This snowy afternoon I was reading some USAC PR. Tracy Hines was featured. One of his sponsors is Carolina Nuts.They can be found at various stores, according to the website. We plan to be in North Carolina for most all of March (missing the Jesse Hockett memorial . But I found that among the places where these nuts are sold, two of them are here in Columbus while one other is at Ingles' Supermarkets. Yes, there is an Ingles near where we'll be. And yes, I'll make a note to thank the folks at Carolina Nuts for sponsoring Mr. Hines.

http://www.carolinanut.com/locations.php

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2 members like this post: dirt330, racing2bwithu2
2/5/14, 9:44 AM   #20
stanbrough4presidentgo53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
My wife and I go to Merry go round restaurant now because they stepped up and backed Clayton Good food good prices good service
We go there as well.. Same guy used to sponsor Tim Engler back in the day red 73.. whos ready for some racing and try the catfish gooood

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How do you give back to sprint car sponsors??