IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing simulators
2/3/14, 1:56 AM   #1
Joey Woods

I want to buy a racing simulator. What's the real deal and where can I purchase? I definitely want dirt track set up . I know absolutely nothing about them but after seeing Buckleys post I want one. Any and all insight appreciated

2/3/14, 2:11 AM   #2
Re: Racing simulators
Hotshoe65s

Do you want an actual simulator, like a full car and stuff? Or do you just want a simulator game like Rfactor, which is what Sean has been posting videos of? If you just want Rfactor you can purchase it online at the link below, or buy it off ebay and download it via CD. And then you just get the cars and tracks from various websites.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/

2/3/14, 10:00 AM   #3
Clay11x

Joey

Sean recently raced with us at the sim chili bowl on rfactor.

Rfactor is the best simulator for dirt track racing you can get

It's 40 bucks for rfactor and all the tracks, mods, cars are free. However you will need a decent steering wheel to be competitive. I recommend a Logitech g27. I have one and it works absolutely great, the only issue with them is they are quite expensive pricing at $300. You can get them refurbished models for $200. If you end up getting it I will have no problem helping you out with setups and getting you up to speed. If you have any further questions feel free to ask, thanks

Cory Clay

2/3/14, 10:04 AM   #4
the_77H

I picked it up for $20 on amazon. Make sure to get the original rFactor

Steering wheels are helpful but not required.. I know a few guys that are bad fast on controllers

2/3/14, 10:34 AM   #5
dt65

The WAR series has them at some of their races, moving chassis pretty nice piece. Contact Andy Korte warsprints.com

2/3/14, 1:45 PM   #6
hptransit

What would the cost of a computer be that has the specs to run Rfactor to its full potential?

2/3/14, 4:40 PM   #7
Joey Woods

Thanks guys for info!

2/3/14, 5:03 PM   #8
Clay11x

i have a low end gaming computer, $600 and it runs great with graphics turned all the way up. you can get away with using a cheaper computer but you may have to turn the graphics down

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing simulators