IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin
1/24/14, 10:56 AM   #11
Re: Du Quoin
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Oh, I didn't say it was a waste; I loved every second of it. this year it was just more of a choice between spending it getting to witness the CB for the first time or going to DuQuoin. I decided that I'd rather experience my sorting-out issues at Montpelier first, then possibly next year giving DQ a try, with a little more confidence in both my equipment and myself...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1/24/14, 10:59 AM   #12
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

sure would have been nice to know this race was going to happen 3 or 4 months ago.

2 members like this post: jjones752, latemodel55
1/24/14, 11:48 AM   #13
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS View Post
sure would have been nice to know this race was going to happen 3 or 4 months ago.
Spike
We are going to try calling on the hour every hour today and if nothing else mess up their answering machine. All of the info is on their web site. Cost of entry and pit rental and pay out on another page. But no verbal on anything maybe need to call Roger and see what is going on on his side.

The year we went we were inside the arena, they had no heat what so-ever. In fact they kept both big doors open to vent the place. Cold Cold Cold. Outside they had portable tents set up with salamanders them guys stayed pretty warm.

Honest Dad himself

1/31/14, 6:39 PM   #14
DAD

If asked what I am doing. Like the little boy in a TV commercial 50 years ago said.

"I'm Advertising Gwendoline"

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/31/14 at 6:49 PM.

2/1/14, 12:45 PM   #15
DAD

I just got off the phone with Steve Nace. He said the DuQuoin Mini Sprint race is a sure thing. He is promoting it by himself with the help of several groups. He said he was down in Florida getting ready for Bike Week.

If we support this thing it has the chance of being a great thing for the Min- Sprint Racers. To my knowledge this will be the largest purse ever run for by the Mini Sprints.

He also said he was thinking about having a dirt race on up in Indy if he sees the potential is there. I guess we need to show him we have potential.

I also found out why he did not return my phone calls. Since he is on the road he keeps his phone set to private, and apparently "NOT ME" had set my business phone so that it would reject private numbers. I fired "NOT ME" a long time ago.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/1/14 at 4:13 PM.

2/1/14, 11:11 PM   #16
little Spike

We are hoping for a real good turn out, and may get more indoor racing. We have to support this race, it has a real good pay out to win. So come and join us for the DuQuoin race in Il. on Feb 14th, 15th. and 16th. go to www.stevenaceracing.com for more information.

2 members like this post: Copperhead, DAD
2/6/14, 11:43 PM   #17
DAD

We just about got the car back together, got our entry fee sent in and hotel reserved. It's a little over a 200 mile drive for us to Du Quoin, a lot closer than a lot of racers out there. I was wondering if any of the Ohio racers would be interested in sharing a trailer for the last part of their trip. We live about a mile off of I-64 and it would be easy to switch over for the last half of your trip. It would be a saving of 400 miles from your trip.

I was also wondering if any of the Missouri racers were going? It sounds like a good run for Quantrill's Raiders to ride over and take some of that northern money back home with them. Since talking with Steve the other day about the race I am positive it should be one heck of a deal for the Mini-Lightning Sprint racers. Du Quoin is much more central to the majority of racers out there than Tulsa. It's rules are such that any one should be able to race with them. As the winner of the Shootout proved on small indoor tracks Meg Horsepower isn't going to help much, but mega driving and set up will. It sounds like a great time to meet people we have only met on IOW and never in person. With a three day show there should be plenty of time for bull Sessions ect.

This could develop into our own Little Chili Bowl. People have been talking about a race like this for years, and what it would take to get all of us together in one place.>>>>> This is a good time to start gang.>>>>> I plan to bring one of my cut away Kawasaki motors that has been set up for an easy inspection after the race. It has inspection plugs and a cam checking device for those of you interested. You can also see inside the combustion chamber and see just why I keep on saying there just ain't too much room left in there for improvement in the power department.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/6/14 at 11:45 PM.

2/8/14, 9:14 PM   #18
little Spike

Attention just 5 days left till the indoor race at Du Quoin IL. fairgrounds. All Lightning Mini Sprints less support this race that Steve Nace is putting on. If we have a good turn out he may get some more in door racing. Hope all can make it and looking forward to seeing you all there.

2/9/14, 10:06 PM   #19
DAD

Spike

You got over 3200 hits and only 17 responses? That's pretty good I would say. Every body reading and nobody responding.

Does any body out there got a starting gear for Du Quoin. We lost ours and can't remember what we run. Looks like we will be late because of work commitments and will have to take our practice laps during the heat race.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/10/14 at 12:00 AM.

2/10/14, 4:28 PM   #20
KYRON

Track has been changed since we were last there...turns are wider..new game for everyone

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin