IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC tire rule
1/1/14, 4:38 PM   #31
Bill Gardner
Administrator

This is what I've learned from my time involved in racing...

Tire rules... People complain.
No tire rules... People complain.

It really doesn't matter what the rules are when people cant be satisfied by anything.

1/1/14, 4:41 PM   #32
Re: USAC tire rule
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindirt View Post
.....its the constant changes and all the stupid local tracks always following suit.
I am starting to catch on now.

1/1/14, 5:54 PM   #33
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
This is what I've learned from my time involved in racing...

Tire rules... People complain.
No tire rules... People complain.

It really doesn't matter what the rules are when people cant be satisfied by anything.
Great post. The other truth that I have learned is that the people that complain about rules to help the costs are the teams that the rules are trying to help the most.

1 member likes this post: DaveP63
1/2/14, 11:14 AM   #34
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I love this new rule for two reasons. This narrower, harder tire should unhook the cars somewhat and provide better racing. It should also help the lower budget teams stay more competitive once they get past the idea of having to buy a couple wheel halves they can probably find used for cheap. USAC could do one simple thing to curb the whiners by gaurunteeing the rule for a number of years, not just one!

1/2/14, 11:47 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
I love this new rule for two reasons. This narrower, harder tire should unhook the cars somewhat and provide better racing. It should also help the lower budget teams stay more competitive once they get past the idea of having to buy a couple wheel halves they can probably find used for cheap. USAC could do one simple thing to curb the whiners by gaurunteeing the rule for a number of years, not just one!
I think it was mentioned earlier, but this is the tire that basically every winged series in the country runs now, starting last year-ASCS has been on this tire for probably 5 or 6 years. When all the 410 series and all the other local winged 410 tracks signed with Hoosier, the universal stipulation was that it is to be a 5 year contract and the price is locked in @ $198 plus tax for each year.

1/2/14, 12:02 PM   #36
nathan48moore

I would imagine there will be a grace period and hoping there is, as we still have a few extra HT2 tires. If not that's fine to, we are going to keep racing and doing the best we can. I know everyone thinks open tire rules saves money, but if you ever raced karts you know it does not. The biggest expense in kart racing is tires! You literally have 20 plus sets of wheels and tires just to compete. I will not complain either way. I just want to race!!!!!!

1/2/14, 12:23 PM   #37
Daboy

Just my .02 from a winged Sprint crewchief. If you don't already have a tire grinder, you better invest in one. The ASCS medium has a tendency to seal over, on a winged car anyhow. Good tire otherwise. And yes we run them on a 18" wheel also.

1/2/14, 12:32 PM   #38
Unlucky#9

[QUOTE=nathan48moore;361495]I know everyone thinks open tire rules saves money, but if you ever raced karts you know it does not. The biggest expense in kart racing is tires! You literally have 20 plus sets of wheels and tires just to compete.QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth? That is the exact reason that I am selling all my karting stuff and leaving all that nonsense behind me.

1/2/14, 4:33 PM   #39
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6565 View Post
I think it was mentioned earlier, but this is the tire that basically every winged series in the country runs now, starting last year-ASCS has been on this tire for probably 5 or 6 years. When all the 410 series and all the other local winged 410 tracks signed with Hoosier, the universal stipulation was that it is to be a 5 year contract and the price is locked in @ $198 plus tax for each year.
There is a locked in price on the tire for the first year but then there is always small print that allows a 3-5% increase per year due to raw material costs and before you know it in 5 years the tires are $220-$230 a piece. I know the majority of the ASCS tire distributors are well above $200 now going to be intersting to see if you see some of those guys come shopping in Indy to pick up tires when they are in the area if they are cheaper for the USAC teams. The ASCS tire is different then the 410 winged tires.

1/2/14, 9:25 PM   #40
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

If anyone wants to sell any new leftover tires they can no longer run, private message me and I may take them off your hands.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC tire rule