IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart's talent...
12/29/13, 6:42 PM   #1
Tony Stewart's talent...
team3521

At the Rumble this weekend in Ft.Wayne, in my opinion, Tony Stewart proved why that black deuce wins that race so much. It's not because the car he races is a Munchkin. Although I do believe that car is an engineering marvel and it has a lot to do with the equation, Tony proved that the reason he wins in that car is because he is absolutely the best driver to ever drive in the history of the rumble series. He had two other drivers in that car this weekend, three if you count the warm ups and they didn't win with it.
Tony driving that car is why it wins. Bottom line, no other reason.
He is the best!
Good to see Russ win Friday night. I'm happy for Peck too but I was bummed that Russ broke with 2 to go. Good races both nights.
Looking forward to seeing Tony getting back in that black deuce next year, hopefully!

12/29/13, 7:56 PM   #2
Re: Tony Stewart's talent...
treecitytornado

Rich Vogler was a master indoors too!

5 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, racephoto1, rdzsprint, smith19
12/29/13, 8:00 PM   #3
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Rich Vogler was a master indoors too!

Uuuhhhh.............Vogler was a master at most places

12/29/13, 8:33 PM   #4
racephoto1

Heck, Stewarts almost as good as that Larson kid.

6 members like this post: ISF, jim goerge, midgetmaniac, NIMEE79, smith19, SPRINTCAR
12/29/13, 9:00 PM   #5
treecitytornado

Of course Rich was! Sure miss him!

12/30/13, 12:47 AM   #6
Buster51

Stewart is probly the last guy that has made it without s fist full of dollar's. I saw him run his first full midget race at speedrome. He never had the best rides and he won. He is the closest thing to Foyt or Vogler we will ever see.

7 members like this post: bighd0522, DaveP63, EBookerFan, hairracer44, kart31rac, ronmil, team3521
12/30/13, 10:03 AM   #7
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster51 View Post
Stewart is probly the last guy that has made it without s fist full of dollar's. I saw him run his first full midget race at speedrome. He never had the best rides and he won. He is the closest thing to Foyt or Vogler we will ever see.
To be fair, Larson didn't have a fist full of dollars either. Don't blame him for people recognizing his talent and putting him in good rides

3 members like this post: Puppy, racephoto1, Tony Stewart
12/30/13, 10:32 AM   #8
Sprintcar12

Larson didn't have money??? Don't fool your self!!! Running a 120 plus races a year takes money

3 members like this post: DirtyD, hairracer44, wright59
12/30/13, 10:40 AM   #9
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
To be fair, Larson didn't have a fist full of dollars either. Don't blame him for people recognizing his talent and putting him in good rides
I believe Larson is talented but I think Buster51's point is that true talent like Stewart, Vogler and Foyt win in anything good or bad. Do I think Larson can win in a less than superior car probably, but we will never really know(i'm sure it would be fun to watch). I'm sure if Stewart would have had the equipment starting out that Larson has had he would have a record book all to himself. I do believe that Larson is the best talent in the past few years to come out of open wheel cars, the kid can wheel a car just about anywhere.

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
12/30/13, 12:19 PM   #10
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
I believe Larson is talented but I think Buster51's point is that true talent like Stewart, Vogler and Foyt win in anything good or bad. Do I think Larson can win in a less than superior car probably, but we will never really know(i'm sure it would be fun to watch). I'm sure if Stewart would have had the equipment starting out that Larson has had he would have a record book all to himself. I do believe that Larson is the best talent in the past few years to come out of open wheel cars, the kid can wheel a car just about anywhere.
I think you will get the chance next year to see if Larson can win in a less than superior car. There is no denying that Ganassi's Cup cars are not up to par.

1 member likes this post: DirtyD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart's talent...