IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown payout
12/19/13, 1:49 PM   #11
Re: Silver Crown payout
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't think basing a budget on possible returns is very smart anyway. It's possible. Not probable. Unless you go by the lowest returns guaranteed. Then anything more is a bonus

YMMV
Chuck

12/19/13, 4:43 PM   #12
sc96

Go for it. All you can do is try it and see how it goes spend what you can afford and you can say well at least you did it Best of luck to you
Last edited by sc96; 12/21/13 at 7:59 AM.

1 member likes this post: OTSNWR
12/19/13, 6:15 PM   #13
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove grabber View Post
Not true, I promise u a nice piece race ready can be bought right now for 12 to 25k and if u stay within a budget u can run for under 2k a show or possibly less as you build a tire reserve and fuel reserve, im sure some will disagree but ive been to shows where i spent less and some where I spent considerably more, most always at my discretion
I would listen to this guy. He is out there doing it, instead of sitting at a keyboard trying to tear the sport down.

5 members like this post: billwill7, Geoff Kaiser, OTSNWR, PJ Wright, RacinFool
12/19/13, 8:52 PM   #14
RacinFool

seems SC posts on here always create negative posts guess one has to decide for themselves if its worth doing. Myself they have always been my favorite. Looking for the positive in 2014.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Geoff Kaiser, JeAvart, Mud Packer, OTSNWR, PJ Wright
12/19/13, 9:27 PM   #15
ThrowbackRacingTeam

If you're serious call USAC. Otherwise keep posting on here!

12/19/13, 9:38 PM   #16
midget96

Most races pay 8K to win with a couple paying 10K to win. And its either 750 or 800 to start. Info from USAC.

Budget for USAC license, entry fees and pit passes, general maint. (if you don't tear up) fuel for hauler, 4 wheeler, and generator, then you have hotels, tires, travel, etc. etc. it is expensive per race but they are awesome IMO

12/20/13, 7:19 AM   #17
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Shane has it down. Older car and older motor still able to run 5th at Springfield, 4th at DuQuoin, and 3rd at Eldora. Same car that qualified 2nd fast at Indy and 3rd fast at Springfield. Doesn't always matter if you have the newest, most expensive equipment if you set it up right and put the right wheel man in it.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Koonzee, Mud Packer, OTSNWR, PJ Wright, Stuch48, Ty
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown payout