IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester
10/11/13, 1:54 PM   #1
Winchester
RacinBabe

Be warned...if you are heading to Winchester for the 400 weekend festivities and you don't already have someone saving you a camping OR parking spot, you better forget it. We have tickets for all three races this weekend but won't be able to use them because too many people have EMPTY spaces roped off. The nice lady (yes I'm being sarcastic) at the office said we should have got here earlier. The closest parking is 3 miles away. Well, I think Charlie can count us out for future events.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
10/11/13, 2:25 PM   #2
loosewheel

winchester loss may be our gain. Hopefully u guys decide to come over to Eldora on Sat. We will be celebrating Buds 16th birthday

10/11/13, 2:30 PM   #3
RacinBabe

That's the plan!!!

2 members like this post: loosewheel, speed bump
10/11/13, 2:51 PM   #4
Re: Winchester
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Good promoters (as opposed to race track operators) find ways to make fans happy, not to irritate them.

10/11/13, 4:57 PM   #5
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinBabe View Post
Be warned...if you are heading to Winchester for the 400 weekend festivities and you don't already have someone saving you a camping OR parking spot, you better forget it. We have tickets for all three races this weekend but won't be able to use them because too many people have EMPTY spaces roped off. The nice lady (yes I'm being sarcastic) at the office said we should have got here earlier. The closest parking is 3 miles away. Well, I think Charlie can count us out for future events.
WOW With that many campers already there I;d think the speedway would tell roped off spots to bad your friends should have been here eariler Kelly Hope you and Mike have a great time where ever you wind up

10/11/13, 6:08 PM   #6
Tony74

You may look into the camp ground in Maxville west of the track on 32 as i heard spots there were reserved for race fans, with a shuttle planned to run between.
Also believe they will have parking/camping east of the track and woods in the bean field.

10/11/13, 6:17 PM   #7
dirtyd6305

Nothing new about marking off spots at the track. From seats to campsites, it's become a common occurrence. I would say too many people being proactive about attending any sort of race is a good problem to have.

10/11/13, 9:44 PM   #8
dirt330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony74 View Post
You may look into the camp ground in Maxville west of the track on 32 as i heard spots there were reserved for race fans, with a shuttle planned to run between.
Also believe they will have parking/camping east of the track and woods in the bean field.
Is the bean field in walking distance ? Bringing some AARP type friends .

2 members like this post: nathans1012, RacinBabe
10/12/13, 1:48 PM   #9
RacinBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony74 View Post
The word from the track wench was no overnight camping in the beanfield. Also according to her, getting back & forth from the campground in Maxville would be by foot. I guess if there was a shuttle it wasn't her job to know. I know the reserving spots, whether seats or campsites has been a hot topic, but I think when you rope off 32 spots and all that's parked there are 8 campers and a car hauler, I think that's too much. I also heard marking started 3 weeks in advance! You know Charlie could have a great deal there if he'd only get someone to manage this. I think posting on the website that reserved spots have to be paid at the office in advance but making SOP to wait until Saturday to collect payment & make people release spaces is just bad business. At any rate, we did see some good racing at WRP last night and are looking forward to more good shows this evening.

3 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, loosewheel
10/12/13, 1:50 PM   #10
RacinBabe

PS... Mud Packer says

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester