IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS 10g's Saturday.
9/15/13, 3:04 PM   #91
Re: TSS 10g's Saturday.
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoke77 View Post
I actually thought they should have left the track alone for the feature. I know everyone sets their cars up these days to run the middle and top but a third groove would have made the leaders in lapped traffic even more exciting. The bottom is pretty much no mans land at TSS anymore. KT jr is unreal at TSS though. Once his car came in about halfway through he was definitely the class of the field. Even though Clayton never made it up to challenge for the win he still put on one hell of a show. Made the drive and money spent worth it!
Many fans shared that opinion!

9/15/13, 3:09 PM   #92
ronmil

Any info on what happened to Dave Darland's car? TSS is definitely his hard luck track. Several of us were having a discussion as to whether Dave has ever won a feature there, (thought he may have had one win) but none of us were positive. How about it racegal, can you enlighten us?

1 member likes this post: racegal
9/15/13, 3:33 PM   #93
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Any info on what happened to Dave Darland's car? TSS is definitely his hard luck track. Several of us were having a discussion as to whether Dave has ever won a feature there, (thought he may have had one win) but none of us were positive. How about it racegal, can you enlighten us?

Hi! Yes, he has won there. Not sure when.
Last night it was gear troubles!
Last edited by racegal; 9/15/13 at 3:38 PM.

2 members like this post: racing4aman, ronmil
9/15/13, 3:41 PM   #94
ronmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Hi! Yes, he has won there. Last night it was gear troubles!
Thanks for the info! We thought maybe the car had just come out of gear, but when they pushed him to the pits, we were puzzled as to what was wrong, as there was no smoke or any obvious signs of trouble. Hope he has better luck at the Four Crown. Earlene and I will be cheering him on from our seats in the patio.

2 members like this post: racegal, racing4aman
9/15/13, 3:45 PM   #95
racegal

You're welcome! I hope Dave's #1 fan is feeling much better by now!
I know I can always depend on you two to help me cheer Dave on!!

9/15/13, 3:46 PM   #96
Rpracing1

Another classic at TSS! With all the cars and stars of USAC here it was a no miss event. Then you put that much cash up for grabs and the level escalates up a notch or two. Heats were all very entertaining as well as the consolation event. It seemed to me that some of the fastest lap times may have been turned in the consi. Haubstadt has just found the perfect mix offering up just the two classes of cars and an efficiently run program getting you out at a very decent fan/family friendly time.
As I had earlier predicted, Kevin Thomas Jr. and team have the number on this track. He is as smooth as glass and bids his time until he has to go. It is going to be very difficult for any other team to surpass his domination that he has achieved this season at TSS. But , Brady Short who was having his best Haubstadt run in ages here gave it his best shot and was appreciative of his 5K 2nd place pay. Poor ole DD cant get a break at TSS for the life of him. Clayton's Haubstadt buzz was alive and well as always, and if he could get that car to settle down some , would have a much better chance. Straight away wheelies and wheelies in the middle of the turns are a photographers dreams and look very cool from the stands, but dont tend to be the fastest way around the 1/4 mile. TSS track crew did their usual five star set up as not a speck of dust was seen or felt all night long. Thanks USAC for letting them do their thing and track conditions molted into several racing grooves which lended itself to fantastic racing with plenty of passing. Could not ask for anything else. Very enjoyable night at the ole ballpark!

4 members like this post: racegal, racenut69, rclaridge, TNRustler
9/15/13, 3:52 PM   #97
ronmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
You're welcome! I hope Dave's #1 fan is feeling much better by now!
I know I can always depend on you two to help me cheer Dave on!!
Susan, she is still weak and tires easily, but Eldora is one of the better facilities to attend as there are no hills to climb, and the patio seats are comfortable. Biggest issue for her will be the five hour car ride getting there.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racegal, racing4aman
9/15/13, 4:15 PM   #98
SPD 37

It should have been $5,000 for 2nd, but USAC web site showed $10 to win $4,000 2nd, $2,500 for 3rd, for some odd reason.

9/15/13, 4:18 PM   #99
racegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Susan, she is still weak and tires easily, but Eldora is one of the better facilities to attend as there are no hills to climb, and the patio seats are comfortable. Biggest issue for her will be the five hour car ride getting there.
I hope you have a good safe trip!! Hope to see you there!

9/15/13, 5:10 PM   #100
Andrew S. Quinn

When is Tri State Speedway going to have a 3 day show similar to the Smackdown?? They have the equipment and facilities for a race like that.

5 members like this post: Ch138, racephoto1, SprintcarZF, TNRustler, Ty
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS 10g's Saturday.