IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR facing questions about its integrity?
9/13/13, 10:30 AM   #1
NASCAR facing questions about its integrity?
team3521

I'm pretty certain that everyone on this website would agree (except for a few of course). Nascar has really turned into an embarassment for real racers. Since Brian France took over, Nascar has drastically gone down hill in my opinion. I'd like to see Nascar go back to real racing without the stupid chase, with the best drivers available and not let the money and the BS "entertainment" run the show. They've ruined a good product in my opinion. It's pretty hard to screw up auto racing but they've managed to do it somehow.

Maybe TQ29m could enlighten us all with his impressive insight from his "good friends in high places in Nascar" on what is really going on. Go ahead Bob, please explain.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2013/...er-jeff-gordon

3 members like this post: 65 Push Truck, dirt330, dirtball
9/13/13, 1:55 PM   #2
Panama

It happened a long time ago, radial tires, destructor plates, and aero handling. Hasn't been "REAL" stock car racing since the mid 80's. I find myself just not caring anymore.

I'm going to Haubstadt, that is "REAL" racing!

9/13/13, 3:48 PM   #3
Re: NASCAR facing questions about its integrity?
CCI

Well said Panama

1 member likes this post: buck2
9/13/13, 4:06 PM   #4
Midget 89

NASCAR facing questions about its integrity? Boy, now there's a joke!

4 members like this post: Bostonian, jim goerge, leonhaupt, team3521
9/13/13, 4:11 PM   #5
midgetmaniac

Gordon added to chase because of the Penske and Front Row conspiring to give Logano a position. Nascar did not go far enough in that they need to fine these teams severly. This goes to the point I have made before on how Penske is ruining Nascar like he did Indycar. Someone just needs to put him in his place and the only way to do that is to hit him in the wallet because that is only thing that will make him understand
Last edited by midgetmaniac; 9/13/13 at 4:41 PM.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, El1teBr33ze, Will Shunk
9/13/13, 5:11 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Money in fines will not solve this issue. They need to quit putting them on probation and start parking them for these type of infractions. Park the car for a couple of races and see how it all shakes out. Cheaters deserve severe punishment, not double secret probation.

The words integrity and NASCAR haven't gone together in quite some time. No matter how they try to spin this, you can't pretty up sleeze!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/13/13, 5:30 PM   #7
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Money in fines will not solve this issue. They need to quit putting them on probation and start parking them for these type of infractions. Park the car for a couple of races and see how it all shakes out. Cheaters deserve severe punishment, not double secret probation.

The words integrity and NASCAR haven't gone together in quite some time. No matter how they try to spin this, you can't pretty up sleeze!
Parking them may work They need to make it so severe that no one would even consider doing it
Last edited by midgetmaniac; 9/13/13 at 5:32 PM.

2 members like this post: team3521, Xflagman
9/13/13, 6:39 PM   #8
gary curry

Empty seats and TV viewer loss says it all.

2 members like this post: racingirl, speed bump
9/13/13, 6:57 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Chase has got to go. This whole thing would never be a issue with 10 races to go if THE CHASE didn't make up 9/10ths of the points Your behind to get in it.

Restrictor Plates. Can't stand it. its not racing.

Aero packages. Skirting, splitter ect.

Darrel Waltrip. Boogie into retirment dude.

Meh, About everything about it is messed up. From the Chase screwing Gordon out of two championships. To a penalty knocking Martin out of it.

I agree, parking them for just one race would shake that team to the core and stop half the B.S.

2 members like this post: gary curry, Panama
9/13/13, 7:07 PM   #10
gary curry

Awhile back, Jeff Gordon said himself that he thought heat races and a 50 lap feature would make NASCAR more interesting and fun. I don't know if he was serious or just tongue in cheek. Hmmm.

3 members like this post: FEATHERDUSTER, speed bump, Xflagman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR facing questions about its integrity?