IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lost in thought!
8/30/13, 9:17 AM   #1
Lost in thought!
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Just sitting here lost in thought and thinking about how things change in the blink of an eye. Six years ago today, my grandson Andrew was enduring a 12 1/2 hour surgery to remove a tumor from his brain. The following prognosis was bleak at best and his journey through the following 17 months was surrounded by challenges of all types. In so many ways that day seems like ages ago and yet it really isn't all that long ago.

Thankfully through the grace of God and the miracles of modern medicine, Andrew is a normal, healthy 7 year old looking forward to starting second grade next Tuesday. I really haven't done any updates in a while since there really hasn't been anything to report. Just thinking how boring life can be without all of the chaos of dealing with a little boys illness.

I hope this Labor Day weekend brings joy to each and everyone of you, no matter where or what you may be doing. Hopefully the racing will be hot, the liquid refreshments cold and your travels safe. Remember that all over the world our military men and women continue to fight for our freedom.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 8/30/13 at 10:06 AM.

8/30/13, 9:34 AM   #2
Re: Lost in thought!
larsonfan
Banned

Bless you and your grandson. The power of prayer! I was just sitting here looking at the weather forecast and whining about how hot it will be tomorrow at the races - then I read I your post and thought how insignificant the things I worry about are. I wish you and your grandson the best. Jeff

8/30/13, 10:11 AM   #3
Andrew S. Quinn

I'm glad Andrew is doing well these days.

I am at the other end of the spectrum today,sitting just a few miles from Tri City Speedway,and in a few hours I'll be calling in for visiting hours for Morty.

5 members like this post: IndyBound, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Mud Packer, Thomas Finn
8/30/13, 10:24 AM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I'm glad Andrew is doing well these days.

I am at the other end of the spectrum today,sitting just a few miles from Tri City Speedway,and in a few hours I'll be calling in for visiting hours for Morty.
Andrew,

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of Morty's family and friends, not just today but in the coming months as well. I know that this is an extremely difficult time for you but one bright spot has to be that through both yours and Morty's passion, auto racing, you were brought together and became friends. The good Lord works in mysterious ways that many times we certainly don't comprehend.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/30/13, 10:58 AM   #5
Andrew S. Quinn

Hope to see you and Racin Babe this weekend !!

8/30/13, 11:19 AM   #6
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that Andrew is doing so well. Hope you have a great weekend!

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
8/30/13, 11:45 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thanks for the update Mike! continuted thoughts and Prayers for Andrew. Been keeping track since the start!

Also glad to know you and Racinbabe and see you from time to time.
Chuck

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, RacinBabe
8/30/13, 3:02 PM   #8
I Miss Manzy

I kinda figured by your lack of updates that Andrew was well,Mike. Still,it's good to hear that all is good! Really missed being there this year....next year for sure!

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer
9/2/13, 7:21 PM   #9
IndyBound

Mike, I have been thinking alot about Andrew lately and his journey that has lead to our friendship. One of my friends in Floridas cousins little girl Chole was diagnosed with a brain tumor about a month ago. Little Chole started Chemo last week . I was thinking about Andrew starting 2nd grade when I first learned about Chole's condition and reminded of the journey I followed along on with you. I pray for Andrew and your family often, asking the Lord for positive reports for Andrew on his doctor visits. I guess thinking about Donovan going to kidergarten next week also had me thinking of Andrew and reflecting about how fast time seems to go by. Trevor announced to grandma recently "Grandma I am not a baby any more, I am a toddler", where has that three years gone? How is that plan to be Andrew's crew chief coming along Grandpa? He should be ready to start racing any time now!

Keeping you all in my prayers,

Patti

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, RacinBabe
9/2/13, 8:35 PM   #10
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Mike I am so happy Andrew is doing well too! He remains in my prayers daily!
It was great seeing you guys this summer!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Mud Packer, RacinBabe
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lost in thought!