IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps
8/24/13, 6:44 PM   #1
Lps
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

Just curious how many cars and who was all there. Anyone have a list?

Posted via Mobile Device

8/24/13, 6:59 PM   #2
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Don't have a list but 28 sprints here. Short , Bland, P'baugh, Parker, bunch of others. Should be a decent show.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: bpa94, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/24/13, 8:53 PM   #3
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Hayden, Simon, J. Shields, and Pace just to name a few others.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
8/24/13, 8:54 PM   #4
Re: Lps
Eatin Dirt

Any results yet?

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Don 65s, dshort36
8/24/13, 9:05 PM   #5
SPD 37

I heard Brady Short won his heat, starts 5th in A main. Andretti and Bland front row is A.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/24/13, 9:34 PM   #6
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

I know this has been discussed before and all the smaller teams won't go to bigger shows but it'd be nice if promoters worked together to not schedule events on the same day as other big events. The only way to grow Indiana sprint car racing is to support big shows and come out whether you are a low budget or high budget team. That's just my opinion. I know everyone will have something to say and disagree but it's my thoughts

Posted via Mobile Device

8/24/13, 9:36 PM   #7
SPD 37

A main line up at LPS as I was told: Andretti. Bland.
Karraker. McGhee
Short. Donaldson
Beauchamp. Parker.
Davenport. Fleet wood
Hopkins. Hayden
Carey. Abrams
Puterbaugh. Dobbs
Simon. Pace.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, Scoot71
8/24/13, 9:54 PM   #8
foytfan

If ever promoter shut down ever time someone else wanted to have a "BIG" show eventually you would only have one or two tracks left. Cars no mater what kind pay the bills. How many of the sprints there tonight would have made the haul to Kokomo? 2 or 3 maybe? Why shouldn't the smaller low budget teams have a place to race where they feel like they have a chance to win. Plus how many mods ss and bombers are there? Back gate pays the bills.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/24/13, 10:31 PM   #9
HurstBros0

I know this has been discussed before and all the smaller teams won't go to bigger shows but it'd be nice if promoters worked together to not schedule events on the same day as other big events. The only way to grow Indiana sprint car racing is to support big shows and come out whether you are a low budget or high budget team. That's just my opinion. I know everyone will have something to say and disagree but it's my thoughts

Its just economics for the smaller teams...Those race cars cost about 500-1000 dollars a night to run them. I am not gonna itemize, but tires ,fuel, rig expenses, engine costs, etc... eventually will suck the fun out. Non qualifiers races and heat races don`t pay anything... Besides all the fast guys are bound to the clubs rules and will be in one place. That narrows the odds at the competing race tracks to maybe win one. That getting a check in a week or two after the fact discourages the guys who need gas money home. I know this is going to create an uproar, but I really don`t want it to grow. Myself and my other low buck friends would be pushed out completely when it gets to the 1500-2000 dollar a night level. This is just my opinion and it doesn`t count because I`m texting on a fan blog on a Saturday night instead of being at a race track fielding an entry.

6 members like this post: Hot Rod K., jim goerge, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, racephoto1, ronmil
8/24/13, 10:43 PM   #10
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Finish - Short. Hopkins. Parker. Hayden. Pace. Puterbaugh. Beauchamp

What a battle between the top 3 all night. Bland was reeling Brady in but flipped it with 6 to go. He was ok and walked back to the pits. Hopkins tried everything to get by Brady but ran out of laps. Entertaining for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps