IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Morty
8/23/13, 12:49 AM   #41
Re: Morty
Andrew S. Quinn

Morty is back in the hospital. I'll post more when I get near a computer.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Red Hat
8/23/13, 1:43 PM   #42
Andrew S. Quinn

Here is the latest from Debbie last night. When I hear more and am near a computer rather than my phone I'll post more

Ok, so Randy's blood count was down to a 10. 140 - 440 I think she said was normal so u can imagine 10 is very dangerously low. His blood pressure was also very low. They are giving him fluids, platelets and antibiotics. It is 11:05 p.m. And they are getting ready to do a procedure on him. They done a sonogram on his side earlier, and found fluid between his lung and wall. Not in his lung but outside his lung. They are going to draw that out and send it to the lab to see if that is where the infection is. His blood pressure needs to stay up. They were giving him norepinephrine to " push" it in the right direction. He's been off of it a while now and in the last hour it has started dropping again. Right now it's 93 over 55. An hour ago it was 107 over 70 so pray it goes back up on its own. That's about it for now. Thanks for offering to help, and praying. There is really nothing anyone can do right now. Just pray and believe for a miracle.

4 members like this post: billwill7, Bostonian, jim goerge, Red Hat
8/23/13, 1:56 PM   #43
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Here is the latest from Debbie last night. When I hear more and am near a computer rather than my phone I'll post more

Ok, so Randy's blood count was down to a 10. 140 - 440 I think she said was normal so u can imagine 10 is very dangerously low. His blood pressure was also very low. They are giving him fluids, platelets and antibiotics. It is 11:05 p.m. And they are getting ready to do a procedure on him. They done a sonogram on his side earlier, and found fluid between his lung and wall. Not in his lung but outside his lung. They are going to draw that out and send it to the lab to see if that is where the infection is. His blood pressure needs to stay up. They were giving him norepinephrine to " push" it in the right direction. He's been off of it a while now and in the last hour it has started dropping again. Right now it's 93 over 55. An hour ago it was 107 over 70 so pray it goes back up on its own. That's about it for now. Thanks for offering to help, and praying. There is really nothing anyone can do right now. Just pray and believe for a miracle.
Andrew,

Certainly we will continue to pray for Morty. And yes, we do believe in miracles.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5 members like this post: billwill7, Gregg, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
8/23/13, 2:38 PM   #44
chillyrn

Dang, hate to hear that Morty is struggling with this cancer crap. Always enjoyed catching up with him and Drew at J-ville, Little Belleville, or any other midget/nonwing show in IL/IN. Like so many others, I also enjoyed his sense of humor. Keep fightin' ... you and the family are in my thoughts & prayers!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
8/23/13, 3:05 PM   #45
bojo20

Will keep up with the prayers and watching for good news

8/23/13, 4:35 PM   #46
IndyBound

Andrew, I will keep Randy in my prayers, thanks for keeping us updated. And Drew I will be praying extra hard that your Dad beats that "C" word and gets to spoil his new granchild. Your whole family is in my prayers!!!

Patti

8/24/13, 8:25 AM   #47
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

I was thinking of Morty yesterday. I can relate to his current dilema as I went through the same thing during my battle. Hang in there Morty. Thouhts and prayers continue. Dave
Last edited by Drtchsr; 8/24/13 at 8:28 AM.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Morty