IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Mini Sprint Feature from Brownstown 8-17
8/21/13, 9:39 AM   #11
Re: MMSA Mini Sprint Feature from Brownstown 8-17
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide22 View Post
I can guarantee that engine was stock at the time we sold the car in 2011. Just a badass car, has probably won 50% of the races it has been in since we had it in 2011. I don't remember anyone running there mouth about it back then.Hell I believe they made the car slower getting rid of the Guhl injection

Posted via Mobile Device
Well I guess that ends my spiel about driver and set up. All you need is a badass car to run like that. And to think I was giving all the credit to you and your old man.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
8/21/13, 9:40 AM   #12
Phylo82

......when you can't beat 'em, blame it on the motor.

Posted via Mobile Device
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

2 members like this post: Mike M 67, TQ29m
8/21/13, 10:32 AM   #13
TQ29m

I don't have a dog in this hunt, thank God, but I did watch the video, and I can say this, from what I saw, Beau can drive a race car, it wasn't motor, it was hunting that won him that race, hunting the fastest way around, and not scrubbing off speed in the turns, in my world, we call them "momentum" racers, we have one in the TQ's that drives that way, and they have haunted him all season about big motor, fuel, all sorts of things, he's probably the most low budget racer in the series, and he runs all 3, the past 3 races he has ran 3 different cars, and won with all three, now who's cheatin, just like in the past, when Ronnie Ambrose was running TQ's, no one ever paid attention to how he drove, they just wanted to ck his motor all the time, that one Konig he ran, they had it down so small, he had to go to smaller diameter spark plugs cause they had cut his bores so small, and he still whooped em, so they made 2 strokes ill eagle, wears me out! Bob

6 members like this post: Bill May, Bradleyracing86, DAD, InTheFastLanePR, Mike M 67, Phylo82
8/21/13, 11:57 AM   #14
TQ29m

And for what it's worth, that was not a video of a race, it was a video "lesson" of how too race, and win! Good job, for a mini-sprint! Just kidding, it was a lesson, and a good one. Bob

2 members like this post: DAD, Mike M 67
8/21/13, 12:44 PM   #15
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I don't have a dog in this hunt, thank God, but I did watch the video, and I can say this, from what I saw, Beau can drive a race car, it wasn't motor, it was hunting that won him that race, hunting the fastest way around, and not scrubbing off speed in the turns, in my world, we call them "momentum" racers, we have one in the TQ's that drives that way, and they have haunted him all season about big motor, fuel, all sorts of things, he's probably the most low budget racer in the series, and he runs all 3, the past 3 races he has ran 3 different cars, and won with all three, now who's cheatin, just like in the past, when Ronnie Ambrose was running TQ's, no one ever paid attention to how he drove, they just wanted to ck his motor all the time, that one Konig he ran, they had it down so small, he had to go to smaller diameter spark plugs cause they had cut his bores so small, and he still whooped em, so they made 2 strokes ill eagle, wears me out! Bob
I think it was that old chain drive that made him so fast.

Just think you could get one of these self starter cars with chain and run with Ronnie's boys all the time. He's done a pretty good job on them too.

The other thing that P's me off is racers that think wings take all the skill out of racing. To race and win with and without wings takes a very special type of driver.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/21/13 at 12:47 PM.

2 members like this post: cmiracingvids, Mike M 67
8/21/13, 5:32 PM   #16
TQ29m

DAD, I got a self starter car, I have no desire to deviate from what I am doing right now, it wasn't the chain drive that won him that race, it was momentum, and being savey enough not to "follow", but to hunt for his place on the track, and that takes patience, people who merely follow are at the root of the problem with our government and our status as a leader in this world right now, so no thanks, and Ronnie will be the first to anchor my sentiment, you do what you do, and I'll do what I do. Bob

1 member likes this post: DAD
8/21/13, 8:14 PM   #17
Bradleyracing86

I was beat fair and square by Beau, he was just smart enough too find the moisture when the rest of us didn't see it.. Lets not let some a hole stir up **** boys. That was the best racing we have seen all year. Congrats to Beau and Mike they have put there A game up this year...

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: InTheFastLanePR, Mike M 67
8/21/13, 9:17 PM   #18
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Well I guess that ends my spiel about driver and set up. All you need is a badass car to run like that. And to think I was giving all the credit to you and your old man.

Honest Dad himself
Ill be the first to put credit to Rick Hench, builds the best car out there. We had ran mini sprints for 7-8 years before we got out, and beau had been at it a while so that certainly plays an even bigger factor.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: buckshot3448
8/21/13, 9:31 PM   #19
Colin25

All I can say is I saw this motor teched after the Columbus Fair race this year. This is a legal motor. Its sad to see a guy who is running well and get bashed for doing it. The best part is Beau was in the back for the longest time until he moved to the top. Great move and excellent driving on his part. Great race between Andy and Beau.

3 members like this post: InTheFastLanePR, Lillyweld, Mike M 67
8/21/13, 10:29 PM   #20
Mike M 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS View Post
I dont have an engine that big to race against that 71 even Farney couldnt catch him.
O.K. here it is.
Rob if you want a motor like Beau has in his car, Take a Stock 2007 or 2008 GSXR 1000 engine, Take it to Either Hud Horton or OSR in Logansport (we do not keep that a secret, it is right on the car) Have them match Port and polish the heads and degree the cams and you will have the exact same motor as Beau. Then add an Engler alcohol injection system and you are ready.

In my opinion the races Beau has won this year, He completely out drove everyone else.
The race at Brownstown that Lynn Ambrose won 2 weeks ago, He out drove everyone else.

The race Colin Ambrose won a few weeks ago at Brownstown during the non wing race, He out drove Beau.

The Race Aaron Farney won at Charlestown, He out drove everyone because he found wear to run at the top.

The Race Andy Bradley won at the Bartholomew county fair grounds during the fair race, Once again he also out drove everyone else there.

It can be anyones race, any given race day. Have to have a good setup, a good driver and some good luck.

Lucky4 You are the one that told me on this Forum 2 years ago to work more on setup, than worrying about motor. That is what I did, I asked Beau to drive my car and help me with the set ups. You were right and it is working for us this year. Plus having Beau drive. I think he is one heck of a driver and setup man.

Guys and Gals I still think these cars are incredibly fun and exciting, Wing or Non Wing. Why do you think I still have one when my son is racing Modifieds??

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you all at the track.

Mike Mensendiek

3 members like this post: bowbuild, InTheFastLanePR, Jim Gardner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Mini Sprint Feature from Brownstown 8-17