Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
8/19/13, 11:44 AM   #52
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltin Joe View Post
The sprint car feature may have been a wreck feast and took a while to run but that is 100% to blam on the corn field they gave us to run on....they started a hour later then they said the would start...ran 5 Different classes...then called cars up for the sprint B main and then did 30 minutes of track work...

Posted via Mobile Device
But u walked the dog in the b main with that cornfield ..lmao

Posted via Mobile Device

8/19/13, 11:50 AM   #53
Re: VCS/Danville updates
Midget18

they scrapped and repacked the track right before the B main then rutted right back up for the feature.....
Last edited by Midget18; 8/19/13 at 11:51 AM.

8/19/13, 12:35 PM   #54
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

The track was awesome in the B-Main, smooth as glass! That's the VCS I remember from years ago. Unfortunately, it took a long time to get there...Track Prep was the whole reason for all the sprint wrecks I seen except one.......no comment on that....just glad everyone is OK. I agree the other classes ran their races in a respectable time period, but, it's simple math....5 classes on a Sunday night is too many classes. If it isn't too many, why didn't they let the street stocks hot lap? so they could save some time? Hell, they even had the girl singing the National Anthem skip the second verse to speed up the show! LOL, just kidding on that,...but she did get nervous and forgot the second verse.

Overall, the track crew recovered what they could ,and the show went on.....just hate to see so many sprint cars tore up in one night.

Steve Morin
Last edited by Morin Racing 98; 8/19/13 at 4:31 PM.

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
8/19/13, 2:11 PM   #55
SDHill89

Hopefully they get the track prep figured out. They've only had a handful of races in the last couple years so it might just be taking them a few races to work out how much moisture it needs. I enjoyed the races last night and hopefully everyone else did so they keep bringing sprints back but it seems like just a lot of complaints on here. There hasn't been much mention that the sprint feature came down to the last lap and even with the track conditions it was a pretty good race. I hated to see so much equipment get torn up but luckily nobody got hurt. Hopefully everyone can get their cars fixed or new cars put together quickly.

4 members like this post: Indy1808, mowerman, PJ Wright, racing4aman
8/19/13, 4:10 PM   #56
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

In the case of mattox & wissmiller,
a slide job gone bad was not the fault of a bad track.wissmiller flat took mattox out.allmost all the way out of the joint.people expect a perfect track all the time. Got news for ya.its not gonna happen.if it had been dusty & slick like vcs usually is you would have been b---itching about that--- i give vsc a thumbs up
never hear the winners whine..you win some & lose some

6 members like this post: Crankin, Indy1808, mowerman, PJ Wright, racing2bwithu2, racing4aman
8/19/13, 4:13 PM   #57
colt45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
In the case of mattox & wissmiller,
a slide job gone bad was not the fault of a bad track.wissmiller flat took mattox out.allmost all the way out of the joint.people expect a perfect track all the time. Got news for ya.its not gonna happen.if it had been dusty & slick like vcs usually is you would have been b---itching about that--- i give vsc a thumbs up
never hear the winners whine..you win some & lose some

You got the dirty slider right! That wasn't due to track condition at all.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/19/13, 4:45 PM   #58
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
You got the dirty slider right! That wasn't due to track condition at all.

Posted via Mobile Device
I agree that is the one wreck that had nothing to do with the track conditions.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/19/13, 6:46 PM   #59
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I actually had someone yell at me for entertaining the kids. This was the exact quote

"I didn't pay 15 bucks to see you ******** around with kids"

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
8/19/13, 6:59 PM   #60
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I actually had someone yell at me for entertaining the kids. This was the exact quote

"I didn't pay 15 bucks to see you ******** around with kids"

Posted via Mobile Device
For those who weren't there, Chris had to fill a LOT of time because they were blading off the track in an attempt to get rid of the big ruts. I thought he did an outstanding job! What could have been a long, boring session watching a road grader go around the track (slowly), turned into what I thought was an enjoyable time watching contests and kids races. I thought the highlight was the young girl who beat all the other girls and then turned around and challenged the winner of the boys' race. Beat him easily, too! Thanks to Chris for making what could have been dreadful into something enjoyable.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VCS/Danville updates