IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > JPM OUT---Larson IN
8/14/13, 10:10 AM   #1
JPM OUT---Larson IN
65 Push Truck

Looks like EGR finally dumped Montoya and is going with Kyle Larson for next season. Maybe owners are starting to figure out that their fanbase is, was, and will always be the folks who go to their local tracks, and support local/short track drivers, not some fancy pants from Europe or South America. Honestly I have watched more of the Nationwide and Truck Series than I have Cup the last few years, which hasn't been alot, just to watch guys like Larson, Stenhouse, Sweet, Whitt, and Dillon etc.

8/14/13, 10:38 AM   #2
Re: JPM OUT---Larson IN
monkeyboy

Sucks. I'm actually a Montoya fan. The only cup driver to win at Indy. Maybe he can come back and win a few more of them

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: fish, ronmil, The Old Coyote
8/14/13, 10:51 AM   #3
ISF

I'm very happy for Kyle Larson and the fact that he's made it to the big money and fame.

That said, I really, really hope he has all the success his talent will afford him but I also really hope that this isn't happening too soon for this great young driver.

3 or 4 years from now if Kyle is knocking on the door of his first Cup championship all of this concern will seem silly and unwarranted and here's to hoping that's exactly the way it happens.

Rumble young man rumble.

8/14/13, 11:05 AM   #4
PJ Wright

I know they've announced that JPM is out, but has anything official been released about Kyle being in?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
8/14/13, 11:34 AM   #5
TBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I know they've announced that JPM is out, but has anything official been released about Kyle being in?
No...

Posted via Mobile Device

8/14/13, 11:36 AM   #6
dirtflinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Just people assuming again...

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Pat O'Connor Fan
8/14/13, 11:59 AM   #7
jim goerge

I was asked to drive that car But since I don;t do napcar I didn;t know what make the car is soooo I;m out

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
8/14/13, 12:39 PM   #8
Tumey's 55

There is a former cup champion, Kurt Bush, and a guy with 17 (?) wins, Ryan Newman available. Suspect they will go with experience now and put Larson in later on. Ganassi's other driver hasn't exactly set the world on fire either and may be looking for a ride in the next year or two. Also, this change was not made to appease those of us who like short track and dirt track racing. Obviously it is strictly performance or in this case non-performance driven. They would put the monkey that flew in a space casule to outer space in the seat if they thought he could win.

Hope it is Larson but he may not be ready. If he gets the ride the bad news is we would not see him in a sprint car often if at all.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/14/13, 12:49 PM   #9
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

As much as I like Kyle and think he's one of the best out there, I'd like to see him get another season in the NationWide series before moving up to Cup.

1 member likes this post: billw
8/14/13, 12:54 PM   #10
midgetmaniac

I think it is Ganassi not wanting to lose Larson and I don't blame him one bit. I would imagine every car owner out there is trying to get Kyle. I hope Montoya moves back to Indy cars because that is where he should have been all along.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > JPM OUT---Larson IN