IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway updates
7/26/13, 10:45 PM   #41
Re: Bloomington Speedway updates
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Dakota Jackson and Jordan Kinser made up the front row for the Sprint car feature with Kinser slowing to a stop after getting shuffled out of the racing groove. This would put Jon Stanbrough to the outside of the front row. Stanbrough led lap one over Jackson and Dalton Gabbard. The track was heavy and fast, allowing for higher speeds and elbows up driving. Stanbrough got into lapped traffic early on lap nine. Jackson tried to take the lead from him in lapped traffic, but couldn’t do it on lap 10. Stanbrough was able to put some distance between he and Jackson by halfway. Brady Short, Chase Stockon, and Nick Bilbee completed the top five at lap 13. Bilbee would move around Stockon for the fourth spot on lap 16. Stanbrough got caught up behind a gaggle of lapped cars, just before the caution flew on lap 17, as fourth place running Bilbee stopped in turn four. On the restart, Stanbrough took off to a five car length advantage over Jackson and the rest of the field. As the field took the two to go signal, the gap remained at four car lengths. Coming out of turn four to the checkers, Stanbrough got caught up behind lapped traffic, and Jackson almost made the winning pass, but fell short. The top five were Stanbrough, Jackson, Short, Stockon, and Danny Holtsclaw.

Sprint Car heat race winners were Stanbrough, Bilbee, and Kinser. The B-Main went to Travis Berryhill

7/26/13, 10:48 PM   #42
SprintManDave

Thanks Chris.Great run ,Dakota.
Last edited by SprintManDave; 7/26/13 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Added.

7/26/13, 11:35 PM   #43
cshuman

Just cuz a track is heavy, or fast doesn't mean it's good..

Posted via Mobile Device

7/27/13, 12:22 AM   #44
Chris Nunn

Notice i said it looked good before hot laps...

7/27/13, 12:22 AM   #45
kcarm92

Agree with casey track was not good was sloppy on bottom soft spots in places and rough in other places and if you think im bitchin well your right pulled a wheel off left rear of one car two broken shocks on other so if your setting in the stands and not paying the bills then i guess the track was great NOT.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: ajb6, Dannypollock24, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/27/13, 12:57 AM   #46
Chris Nunn

Again, BEFORE hot laps, it looked smooth, but then it got really choppy.

7/27/13, 1:58 AM   #47
kcarm92

Not a track prep guy but when there is water standing on the turns and straight aways thats to much water lets let it go slick and see what happens cause this ways not . but at least they are trying have to give them that maybe to hard.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/27/13, 2:50 AM   #48
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
Not a track prep guy but when there is water standing on the turns and straight aways thats to much water lets let it go slick and see what happens cause this ways not . but at least they are trying have to give them that maybe to hard.

Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I seen Bloomington post on a different thread they said this

"Ron, While I can't promise what the track will be like, I can tell you the crew has been working it all week.
Rototiling/sheepsfooting/watering/repeating

Just please know, the track crew is working hard to have a good track for this Friday, and the weather looks like it will be fantastic.

Hope to see you there!
Last edited by Bloomington Speedway; 7/25/13 at 5:41 PM."

So they are trying to get it right, I just hope they get it figured out here soon!

Danny 24

7/27/13, 9:19 AM   #49
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
Kenny, for the most part I pretty much agree,they need to do something, what is it, we all have our own thoughts, last year a learning curve,understandable.This year we all see how it has been...
I have talked to people there, they mentioned lack of equipment, hmm same equipment that the previous promoter used.Don't know if the guy prepping the track is getting paid or is a volunteer. Does anyone go to different tracks and see how they do it or have they even talked to anyone about how they work their tracks?
Just my thoughts as I don't like the path the track is currently on. Oh and yes I thought about not going before anyone mentions it, but as another someone else said yesterday, get your butt to the track and support racing.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: bigq11
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway updates