IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville getting ready
7/21/13, 2:58 PM   #1
Belleville getting ready
grader47

Started last Thur getting track ready for a busy week. July 27 &28 Vintage Nationals, July 30 NPPA Truck pulls, also USAC Chad Mcdaniels memorial race at Beloit, Ks. Aug 1 Belleville Midget National prelims & TRAXXAS Silver Crown practice. Aug 2 TRAXXAS Silver Crown plus cruisers on the little track. Aug 3 Belleville Midget Nationals and URSS 305 Sprints. Hope to see many of you there.

7/21/13, 7:31 PM   #2
Re: Belleville getting ready
ThePurple73

I have a question, was the Belleville Nationals originally a sprint car race, back in the 1970's? Seemed it was a stopping point right before Knoxville. Gave some insight as to who could be fast at Knoxville.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 7/21/13 at 7:33 PM.

7/21/13, 11:52 PM   #3
grader47

I didn't start prepping the track until 1988. I know if you want to test your race car Belleville is the place.

7/22/13, 1:54 AM   #4
Wad25

Can't wait to be there!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/23/13, 6:40 PM   #5
toprowjim

The Belleville Midget nationals were started in 1978 by Mitch Miller of my hometown Arvada Colorado. Mitch was president of American Independent Midget Series (AIMS). The west coast drivers would stop in Denver for a race on their way to Belleville and aso at Eagle Nebraska on the Tuesday befor Belleville. Eagle is a great midget track, but they don't currently hold midget races there. Belleville had many dirt car races several of which were run by the Big Car Racing Association (BCRA) not to be confussed with the Bay Cities Racing Assc (BCRA) northern California midget group. There is currently a memorial group of the BCRA (Big Car) that has a hall of fame located in the Speedway Motors Museum in Lincoln Nebraska. Gary Wolfe and Ray Cunningham are trying to keep the memories alive. Jim

1 member likes this post: Wad25
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville getting ready