IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Could ISW happen without USAC?
7/15/13, 6:16 PM   #41
Re: Could ISW happen without USAC?
streetglider

i have yet to see anyone answer the original post. SHAMROCK48 did NOT say he didnt enjoy the shows or the format. He asked a simple question....what does USAC bring?? BTW i do believe the promoters could cooperate & do ISW without USAC !!! I too have been USAC'd !!!! hey Rollie get me another sammich lol

1 member likes this post: Joe Kidd
7/15/13, 6:34 PM   #42
Static

I haven't read every post, this may have already mentioned; why not change the order of the tracks to give all the tracks the opportunity to be first or in the first couple? But maybe they all make about the same profit..............

Posted via Mobile Device

7/15/13, 6:42 PM   #43
Honest-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
i have yet to see anyone answer the original post. SHAMROCK48 did NOT say he didnt enjoy the shows or the format. He asked a simple question....what does USAC bring?? BTW i do believe the promoters could cooperate & do ISW without USAC !!! I too have been USAC'd !!!! hey Rollie get me another sammich lol
I think that the short answer is, stars, cars, and purse. If USAC weren't involved in ISW, then they would most surely schudule against ISW, thereby taking all cars and stars with them that are committed to running for points.

6 members like this post: fish, Indy1808, jim goerge, Jonr, racefan20, richie
7/15/13, 9:04 PM   #44
racephoto1

The stars and cars comments is funny to me. Go to any show that pays $3000 to win in Indiana, guess what, they're all there, without USAC. Schuerenberg, Ballou, Cottle, Clauson,Darland,you name them, it will have them.

What sprint week does do is ratchet up the desire to win. It gives the teams and drivers bragging rights, well earned I add. USAC isn't so much the 800 pound gorilla it once was, maybe just a 400 now, but that's still big. They also bring to the table organization, which some places don't have.

Yes, the tracks could do it on their own , but that would be like herding cats, which ain't easy.

Could things be improved, yes, everything man does can be improved, but the way it works isn't to bad.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, FishBurger, jim goerge, The Old Coyote
7/15/13, 9:58 PM   #45
Justigit

I think Racephoto1 pretty much sums up my opinions as well. But to comment on the group qualifications or not....all tracks aren't laid out the same.
For instance at G.C. the cars leave the pits right in front of the flag stand so they have to take a full lap to get up to speed before taking the green then two laps qual. which for 50 plus cars equals over 150 laps on the track in the same groove for the most part.
As for USAC @ Kokomo the cars come out on the backstretch so they take the green when they get to the flag stand and get er done with 2 laps per car.
The times that I have seen USAC attempt group qualifying they have always given the cars a full hot lap session for each group prior to group quals. Whereas the way Kokomo does it... the hot laps ARE the group qualifications. Which ever way you do it if you can save the track from being completely wore out it would definitely benefit the equality of the qual. times.
I don't think you can blame the track, or people doing the track prep for the track slicking off after all that hot lapping and qualifying of 50 plus cars. With DST it is basically a day race anyway. IMO

7/15/13, 10:00 PM   #46
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by egh170 View Post
Now USAC has made it smaller and worse.!
In what way?

3 members like this post: fish, FishBurger, jim goerge
7/15/13, 10:40 PM   #47
streetglider

Brent Goodnight, do you not remember the days when Gaunt, Griffen, Cline , Sheridan & Wilson amongst others used to make the trek East from Cali? I think that is the point SHAMROCK48 is trying to make here. It is not the quantity of cars that he is talking about!!!! Been involved in racing since you were in diapers & i gotta agree with the Rock on this one. USAC is an antiquated monoply

7/15/13, 11:06 PM   #48
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Dont tell me you think USAC wont run against it if they are not sanctioning it. Without them you have.......a weeklong KISS. Anyone remember NAMARS 5-crown. After it became popular USAC decided to run out of state that week.....no more NAMARS 5-crown.
That's right and it is now called Indiana Midget week!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

7/15/13, 11:48 PM   #49
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
I think that the short answer is, stars, cars, and purse. If USAC weren't involved in ISW, then they would most surely schudule against ISW, thereby taking all cars and stars with them that are committed to running for points.
All 12 of them .

1 member likes this post: spindell
7/16/13, 6:41 AM   #50
Honest-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
All 12 of them .
Didn't mean it would be a big number, just agreeing with a previous post that there would be some 'top teams' or 'big names' that would follow USAC. For example:

AMSOIL USAC SPRINT CAR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RACE RESULTS: June 8, 2013 – Port Royal, Pennsylvania – Port Royal Speedway – “Eastern Storm”

QUALIFYING: 1. Tracy Hines, 4, Hines-21.120; 2. Kevin Thomas, Jr., 17RW, Dutcher/RW/TriStar-21.212; 3. Daron Clayton, 92, Clayton-21.225; 4. Chase Stockon, 32, 32/TBI-21.406; 5. Dave Darland, 71P, Phillips-21.504; 6. Bryan Clauson, 20, Stewart/Curb-Agajanian-21.600; 7. Levi Jones, 39, Walker-21.663; 8. Robert Ballou, 5, Baldwin-21.715; 9. Shane Cottle, 65, Franckowiak-21.905; 10. Hunter Schuerenberg, 35, Byram-21.962; 11. Nick Drake, 55, Cline-21.973; 12. Chris Windom, 11, Walker-22.006; 13. Brady Bacon, 69, Dynamics-22.008; 14. Landon Simon, 41, Stensland-22.279; 15. Joey Biasi, B1, Biasi-22.642; 16. Kyle Moody, 99M, Moody-22.701; 17. Trevor Utt, U2, Utt-22.909; 18. Tyler Courtney, 23c, Courtney/Anderson-22.966; 19. Mark Bitner, 15, Bitner-23.149; 20. Billy Pauch, Jr., 175, Pietrofitta-23.233; 21. Tim Glatfelter, 50, Strausbaugh-23.238; 22. Dalten Gabbard, 77, Gabbard-23.272; 23. J.R. Berry, 74, Berry-23.924; 24. Mark Smith, 1M, Smith-NT; 25. Denny Gross, 2, Gross-NT; 26. Curt Stroup, 33, Ehrenzeller-NT.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Could ISW happen without USAC?