IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Updates?
7/13/13, 12:07 PM   #61
Re: Gas City Updates?
FishBurger

Didn't look like a "parade" to me. There was GREAT racing all night long (not necessarily always for the lead) in my view. Some other thoughts.

+My boy, Tyler Hewitt looking better with every time out. 2nd quick in hot laps to Dave Darland in a field of 53 cars. Track was pretty much gone by the time he qualified.
+Chad Boespflug laid down a helluva lap for 10th fastest, also after the moisture was long gone. He was impressive all night and I had hoped he would hang in to win the feetch after leading about the first half. Blistered a RR and fell back to 6th, still a good finish in that field.
+Speaking of that, Grandpa Bob Gatten tackled me and twisted my arm until I bought a CB Racing cap. I think I look pretty doggone dapper in it.
+Another of my guys, Kevin Studley, who I don't get to see much after he tried to run me down on his quad at Eldora a few years back, also timed late but made the heat lineup. Had to run the "B" and I don't know what happened. I was watching a skirmish in 3 and 4 only to look back and see the Stud man off in the backstetch grass. Super nice guy is Kevin who called me over and went to his hauler do dig out a gratis tee for me. Thanx muchly!
+Another of my guys (hey, I have a lot of favorite guys ), Kyle Robbins was running strong until Gary Taylor booted him over the birm in his heat. Now he's off for a few while he crews for Bobby East.
+Nice visit with former 'Burg sprint champ, Kevin Besecker, who was helping on Jack Yeley's #11. Driver Caleb Armstrong had a tough night. Just couldn't seem to get a handle.
+Nice visit with super nice father/son duo, Brian and Brandon Whited who were watching to see how the Hoffman #69 team gits 'er dun. Enjoyed talking with Richard Hoffman too, but missed seeing the Cowboy.
+That's snuff!

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, fish, Gregg
7/13/13, 12:37 PM   #62
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
Looks like another parade. Follow me,,,,, follow me.
Were you even there Joe?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: cwfan08, fish, FishBurger, PIT CART
7/13/13, 12:49 PM   #63
PIT CART

I had a great time and watched some good racing.
Oh and and watched some cool wheel stands to!!
Posted via Mobile Device

7/13/13, 12:49 PM   #64
Gregg

Quote:
Whatever.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
7/13/13, 12:59 PM   #65
Joe Kidd
Banned

YES! Been there many times and watched the guys on front lead the parade at G.C. Seen it at Kokomo 2 or 3 times this year to. I got facts. What you got? No biggie.
Last edited by Joe Kidd; 7/13/13 at 1:03 PM.

7/13/13, 1:00 PM   #66
PJ Wright

Quote:
Troll alert.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: Joe Kidd
7/13/13, 1:07 PM   #67
Danny Burton

Quote:
YES! I got facts. What you got? No biggie.
I firmly disagree about the idea that it was a "parade."

Sincerely,
Hunter Schuerenberg

Fact: 14th to third in the feature.
" J. Stanbrough and B. Clauson won heats in from the third row. At least one NQ transfer made it to the feature. (Scotty Weir)

I'd find more but have better things to do.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

4 members like this post: davidm, FishBurger, PIT CART, Sprints!
7/13/13, 1:20 PM   #68
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Troll alert.
No need for an alert, Pete. The 4077th M*A*S*H had 5 o'clock Charlie, we have Joe Kidd.

Winston Churchill

6 members like this post: davidm, FishBurger, Gregg, Joe Kidd, PJ Wright, racefan20
7/13/13, 1:34 PM   #69
Joe Kidd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
No need for an alert, Pete. The 4077th M*A*S*H had 5 o'clock Charlie, we have Joe Kidd.
That is an insult to Charlie ya know.

7/13/13, 2:09 PM   #70
cowboyhar69

STANBROUGH STARTS SPRINTWEEK WITH GAS CITY WIN, FIRST FOR AMATI RACING

Gas City, Indiana…….Jon Stanbrough of Avon, Indiana is no stranger to winning in the AMSOIL National Sprint Car competition, and on Friday night he kicked off “Indiana Sprintweek” in style by capturing his 30th career win with the series, this one coming at Gas City I-69 Speedway. The win was the first for his Amati Racing team.

The most recent winner with the series, Chad Boespflug, led the field to green and paced a hammer-down race through the first half. Stanbrough, who started alongside, actually slid back to the third spot as Bryan Clauson became the biggest threat to Boespflug’s lead. As the first half wound on, Shane Cottle joined the lead pack and made it a four-car tussle.

Stanbrough jumped to the top on lap 12 and soon had a line carved in around the outside, circling Boespflug for the lead on lap 16. Just a lap later, the only caution of the race flew when Casey Shuman slowed to a stop.

After the restart, Stanbrough raced to a comfortable advantage, only giving up some ground late in the going as he encountered slower cars. At the finish, it was a .860-second win for Stanbrough in the Marion Underground Construction – Shane Wade Enterprises #66 DRC/Dynotech.

“(Crew chief) Daryl (Tate) and I never lost communication with each other, and his hard work and Shane Wade giving us the chance to do this, and those guys believing in me put this all together. We’ve just kept at it when we’ve been so close to winning races lately. Jeff Peterson did a great job on bleeders tonight, and we really made gains there. I never met Shane Wade before this came together, and hopefully now that we got him one, we can get some more this week,” Stanbrough said.

Cottle held on for second, as he inched away from everyone else and actually reeled in the leader on the bottom in the Epperson Painting – Leer Racing #2 Spike/Claxton.

“I had Jon passed at one point, but I just had to get a way by Chad (Boespflug). He got us back and I just blew the corner a few too many times before I settled down. I think we were as fast as he was once I got going, but hopefully this is the turn we needed after all the bad luck we’ve had lately to get one in the win column soon,” Cottle said.

Hunter Schuerenberg made a huge surge on the cushion, as he picked up the “Hard Charger” award from ProSource and made himself an early favorite for the week-long B&W Auto Mart “Josh Burton Hard Charger Award” after climbing from 4th to finish third in the MyLocalFordStore.com – Fatheadz Eyewear #35 Mach-1/Rider

“We knew the track would be heavy, so we took a chance and tried to keep it free to be good early. It worked out pretty well for us. We’ve gotten back to stuff we used to do, and I’m feeling really comfortable. We have done so little to the car, people probably wouldn’t believe us. I’ve got a lot of confidence in it right now to just go out and drive the crap out of it,” Schuerenberg said.

Clauson held on for fourth despite a flattening right-rear tire on the Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing – Chevy Performance, while Dave Darland rounded out the top-five in the Phillips Motorsports – Racer’s Advantage #71P DRC/Foxco. Darland also picked up the night’s ProSource “Fast Time Award.”

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Updates?