IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > time trials
6/16/13, 11:05 AM   #21
Re: time trials
brian2h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Hey Brian... we need to make a setup adjustment to your brain, the wire connecting your eyes to your brain isn't working correctly. Tracy was 3rd quick not 4th at LPS.

that's even worse. lol its funny isn't it if he would of drawed bad and started on the tail I guess that would've been ok but draw bad and qualify bad well that's just not ok

2 members like this post: fish, FishBurger
6/16/13, 11:31 AM   #22
PAW

Time trials at the Burg last night was great..

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Koonzee
6/16/13, 1:27 PM   #23
johnnythunderhead
Banned

alright, one more thing. back in the day we used to do time trials and the slowest driver started on the pole and the fastest driver started last. that provided some a** kicking racing (usac still does a somewhat similar deal to that in the heat races, but still starts the fastest guys up front on the features) call me old school, but that has never made a lick'a sense to me. if we have to waste time with time trials, start the slowest guy on the pole and the fastest guy last throughout the course of the night and then I think I might start liking time trials again.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/13, 1:55 PM   #24
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Keep talking Mr. Thunderhead, your credibility is taking a hit as big as the hit you have taken to the head.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/16/13, 2:32 PM   #25
jim goerge

I still love single car time trials I want to see every time the cushion ripples every bicycle every car going all out Not hearing Yeah I drew the 1 pill

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Koonzee, Mud Packer, ROSS
6/16/13, 3:40 PM   #26
ThePurple73

I guess I am super old fashioned...I like single car time trials. I would even go further and give a little time between cars so you could hear some info about the drivers going out and the one just timed when it is quiet. Could create excitement and good general info for those that don't know the drivers well.

I am from the day when sprint car racing meant that is what you saw. Hot laps, Time trials, Heats, C / B feature, Feature, Pits, then go home. I would rather pay more and have no support classes. That's just my preference.

Even if there are just enough cars for 3 heats and no B. I would still prefer just sprints.

7 members like this post: billw, FishBurger, jim goerge, Motormasher, R A K, ROSS, The Old Coyote
6/16/13, 3:49 PM   #27
RacingGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
alright, one more thing. back in the day we used to do time trials and the slowest driver started on the pole and the fastest driver started last. that provided some a** kicking racing (usac still does a somewhat similar deal to that in the heat races, but still starts the fastest guys up front on the features) call me old school, but that has never made a lick'a sense to me. if we have to waste time with time trials, start the slowest guy on the pole and the fastest guy last throughout the course of the night and then I think I might start liking time trials again.

Posted via Mobile Device
You sir should get a track, have qualifying, and start the fastest guys in back ALL night and i'll watch 30 cars fighting for slowest lap time... I saw it the first time Badger did that indoor race in WI (Jerry qualified last haha)

I love qualifying. Watching a sprint car single car qualify at places like Terre Haute is my little slice of heaven at a race track. Yes sometimes it sucks when you're super late on bad tracks, but sometimes it sucks when you draw the back of a heat race on hard to pass tracks, or when you draw the pole for passing points on easy to pass tracks when you can win the heat and still be in the B main!
Every format has pros and cons. I love that we qualify in USAC then go to Kokomo and qualify in your group (which I think is the BEST local track format out there). It's fun to switch it up!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/13, 4:26 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Nailed it, Qualifying at Terre Haute is a event in itself!

5 members like this post: agar, FishBurger, jim goerge, racephoto1, sp6967
6/16/13, 6:59 PM   #29
PJ Wright

Years ago at Gas City during sprintweek there was a major thunderstorm that delayed the start. Eric Shively was the first car out to qualify and after his 2 laps I turned to the fellow next to me (I think it was Danny Burton) and said "Well I just got my money's worth". That's how much I like watching non-winged sprintcars qualify.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, FishBurger, jim goerge, mowerman, sp6967
6/16/13, 11:26 PM   #30
johnnythunderhead
Banned

care to clarify your futile attempt of an insult mud packer?

and racing girl, race laps were monitored and anyone caught running consistently under their time and construed to be sand bagging was disqualified/ lol, race promoters might be a bit daffy sometimes, but they ain't that dumb!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 6/16/13 at 11:33 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > time trials