IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown @ Gateway
6/2/13, 12:22 PM   #31
Re: Silver Crown @ Gateway
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

I'll start by saying I"m definately a dirt fan first, but we took a chance and went to root on our dirt drivers in Coons, Jones, Windom as they test their pavement skills. Was pleasantly surprised by the steady action and lead changes at the front of the field and felt it was well worth the trip. For everybody that complains about delays and long evenings of racing with track prep this would have been the race for you as the show moved along at a good brisk pace with minimal down time, having only one caution helped as well. For those complaining about car counts as long as you have two cars running close for the lead you have a race in my book and we had that, plus I wouldn't want to have a half hearted effort just running around the track at half speed just to up the car count. That is essentially a "Start and Park" car and Napcar can keep those. Hope all the haters enjoyed watching the rain drops, while we among others went outside the box and gave Silver Crown pavement racing a try. Thanks USAC and all the drivers who participated for a good show!

6/3/13, 1:05 AM   #32
K-Dawg30

I had never seen a pavement open wheel race until Gateway...I have been to many dirt silver crown races at Du Quoin, Springield, Indy, Terre Haute, and Eldora....this was hands down the best Silver Crown race I have ever seen...dont get me wrong there is nothing like standing in turn 3 at Du Quoin and watching the cars pitch it sideways going into the corner, but this race had it all! I really hope USAC comes back and Gateway will have them. Hopefully if they do they can get 20-25 cars!

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Seadog
6/3/13, 9:46 AM   #33
mac miller

Did the vintage cars get to run Friday and/or Saturday?????

mac miller in INDY

6/3/13, 9:48 AM   #34
mortboyz

Yes they did.

6/3/13, 3:18 PM   #35
KodySwanson

The Green-White-Checker Finish.

6/3/13, 4:56 PM   #36
sprntr