IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City or Fairgrounds tomorrow?
5/23/13, 11:06 PM   #1
Gas City or Fairgrounds tomorrow?
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

With the SC race being delayed until Friday and us being here from WI, do we go to Gas City for the weekly show or to the Faigrounds. What will be a better show? I have never been to Gas City, but did see SC before at fairgrounds.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/24/13, 12:01 AM   #2
Re: Gas City or Fairgrounds tomorrow?
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungthrottlepodcast View Post
With the SC race being delayed until Friday and us being here from WI, do we go to Gas City for the weekly show or to the Faigrounds. What will be a better show? I have never been to Gas City, but did see SC before at fairgrounds.

Posted via Mobile Device
My opinion? You can see the sprints at Gas City most any week during the racing season. Good racing, yes, but there is only ONE Hoosier 100 and seeing the Champ Cars on the mile is watching living history. Not always the best race, but always entertaining. Oh, and the UMP mods on the mile is also pretty darn cool. I think that USMTS needs to think about running a mile track during their season. THAT would be incredible.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
5/24/13, 12:17 AM   #3
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Its really up to you where you think the best racing will be. The silver crown race raining out probably screwed up a lot of peoples pre weekend plans. I doubt you will see a bad show at either place..I know where I will be and that is Gas City . Wherever you choose to go enjoy yourself .

Tyler

5/24/13, 1:29 AM   #4
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungthrottlepodcast View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
Neither one, Bloomington is where I'll be.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/24/13, 3:12 AM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronMack View Post
Neither one, Bloomington is where I'll be.

Posted via Mobile Device
Now THAT is FUNNY! I like it.

Gas City will be the better show, by far. However, if you have come from far and wide, take in the Silver Crown Series race at the fairgrounds. Bring your wallet.

Getting into Gas City will be half the price for admission and twice the value.

On a sidebar, I still like the Bloomington quote.

Too bad all have to go up against each other this weekend. If only we had a 4-5 day weekend....

4 members like this post: cwfan08, fish, mowerman, team3521
5/24/13, 4:21 AM   #6
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Now THAT is FUNNY! I like it.

Gas City will be the better show, by far. However, if you have come from far and wide, take in the Silver Crown Series race at the fairgrounds. Bring your wallet.

Getting into Gas City will be half the price for admission and twice the value.

On a sidebar, I still like the Bloomington quote.

Too bad all have to go up against each other this weekend. If only we had a 4-5 day weekend....
Posted via Mobile Device
Never been to Gas City, on my bucket list, so can't compare the two. Bloomington is where I saw my first sprint car race, so to me it's hard to beat the red clay.
Last edited by ByronMack; 5/24/13 at 4:24 AM.

5/24/13, 5:53 AM   #7
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
My opinion? You can see the sprints at Gas City most any week during the racing season. Good racing, yes, but there is only ONE Hoosier 100 and seeing the Champ Cars on the mile is watching living history. Not always the best race, but always entertaining. Oh, and the UMP mods on the mile is also pretty darn cool. I think that USMTS needs to think about running a mile track during their season. THAT would be incredible.
Agreed

5/24/13, 6:27 AM   #8
PAW

Indy Mile.........

Posted via Mobile Device

5/24/13, 6:33 AM   #9
Static

Who would pass up a chance to hear/see Hewitt, let alone the sound of the engines? The Mile it is........

Posted via Mobile Device

5/24/13, 6:50 AM   #10
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Gas City , by far .

3 members like this post: BrandonT30, cwfan08, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City or Fairgrounds tomorrow?