IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week
5/22/13, 8:01 AM   #1
Indiana Midget Week
Ty

Leaving the Reading, PA area around 6am Thursday 6/13 to go to Putnamville, then Bloomington Friday, Haubstadt Saturday for the MSCS show, and then Kokomo sunday before heading back home. I know after spending 4 days out in Indiana, I won't want to go back home to winged country. Looking forward to meeting some IOW peeps!

5 members like this post: ilwingless, jerseysprintnut, scottyCbus, SPRINTCAR, Tim Watson
5/22/13, 8:07 AM   #2
Re: Indiana Midget Week
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Ty you won't meet a nicer group of race fans! You're in for some of the best racing you could ever asks for.

5/22/13, 9:37 AM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

The welcome mat is always out here in Indiana. Hopefully we will see you at one of the shows. You have picked a good four days to see some of the best midget & traditional sprint car racing. Safe travels.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: Ty
5/22/13, 11:15 AM   #4
Danny Burton

They don't call it Hoosier Hospitality for nothing.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2 members like this post: rclaridge, Ty
5/22/13, 9:13 PM   #5
johnnythunderhead
Banned

ty, the midgets are racing gas city on weds; the put on thurs; bloomigton fri.; lawerenceburg (the best dirt track in the country) on sat; and kokomo on sun (maNY BELIEVE THAT KOKOMO GENRATES THE BEST RACING IN THE CONTRY IF NOT ALL OF INDIANA!) SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-THINK YOUR SCHEDULEING; I WOULDN'T MISS A MIDGET RACE IN INDIANA, THEY ARE INDESCRIBABLE AND ARE A ONCE A YEAR TREAT, AND WITH THE SPRINT CARS AS THEY'RE SUPPORT DIVISION, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 5/24/13 at 12:42 AM.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
5/23/13, 7:57 AM   #6
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
ty, the midgets are racing gas city on weds; the put on thurs; bloomigton fri.; lawerenceburg (the best dirt track in the country) on sat; and kokomo on sun (maNY BELIEVE THAT KOKOMO GENRATES THE BEST RACING IN THE CONTRY IF NOT ALL OF INDIANA!) SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-THINK YOUR SCHEDULEING; I WOULDN'T MISS A MIDGET RACE IN INDIANA, THEY ARE INDESCRIBABLE AND ARE A ONCE A YEAR TREAT, AND WITH THE STRINT CARS AS THEY'RE SUPPORT DIVISION, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG.

Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, I am aware they are at Gas City Wednesday, and Lawrenceburg Saturday. However, the person I am going with can only leave Thursday morning and being that I only have three vacation days left for this year (thanks Chili Bowl lol) I am deciding on this. And I have never been to the Burg or Haubstadt before, so I can't speak for myself, but I love little bullrings, and I've been told that Haubstadt is a can't miss trip if you're in Indiana. Maybe next time I'm out west, I will get to the Burg. Either way, it still beats watching a train go around for 25 laps at Williams Grove

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/23/13, 8:19 AM   #7
fourteen fan

Could you guys rank the tracks 1-5?

We can only make 1 or 2.

Leaning to at least Gas City.

Thanks

5/23/13, 8:42 AM   #8
ekohl23

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
ty, the midgets are racing gas city on weds; the put on thurs; bloomigton fri.; lawerenceburg (the best dirt track in the country) on sat; and kokomo on sun (maNY BELIEVE THAT KOKOMO GENRATES THE BEST RACING IN THE CONTRY IF NOT ALL OF INDIANA!) SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-THINK YOUR SCHEDULEING; I WOULDN'T MISS A MIDGET RACE IN INDIANA, THEY ARE INDESCRIBABLE AND ARE A ONCE A YEAR TREAT, AND WITH THE STRINT CARS AS THEY'RE SUPPORT DIVISION, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG.

Posted via Mobile Device
Lawrenceburg the best dirt track in the country??? Haha good one. You must not get out much.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Milly, ROCKY, Sprintfan1985
5/23/13, 9:50 AM   #9
racenut69

Rent an RV and come on out!..Haubstadt is one track you have to see,any open-wheel show there is worth the trip. I'm planning on going to either LPS or Bloomington for ISW in July! Both of these tracks are on my "Bucket List"!..

5/23/13, 11:29 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

My Personal Top five as far as racing?
Terre Haute (Not in midget week)
Kokomo
Lawrenceburg
LPS
Paragon (Only seen two shows)
Haubstadt
Brownstown (When they race open wheel)
Gas City
Bloomington.

They can all put on stellar shows at any given time and yes, Out of four races at the burg this year, Three of them were decided in the hundredths of seconds. Not tenths.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/23/13 at 11:41 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week