IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Must See Mods Anderson
5/20/13, 11:44 PM   #1
Must See Mods Anderson

By far the worst Must See show I have ever seen. $15 to get in. 13 Mods. 12 Qualified and ran heat races. 1 was a start and park. 2 meaningless heat races followed up by Over a 45min. intermission. Caution free race. cars all strung out. Like 15 laps in we were down to 7 cars. I think 7 took the checkard. The flagman showed he had no clue what he was doing during the race. Completely ruined the only battle on the track to let the leader through. 2 cars running side by side for 4th. Leader catches them and the flagmen does everything but black flag them. O ya leader has over half a track lead. 70 car wins, would love to tell you his name but could not hear the p.a. system. It was horrible. The filler class had a huge 11 cars. They did have a decent race at the end between 3 cars, but that was the only racing of the night. Cars did not show. Management decided to have the show. Why in the heck did it have to be drug out. I did not see anything at all tonight that would make me want to go back on Wed. I have some discount tickets if anyone is interested. What I see tonight was horrible. I have been on the MS Bandwagon since the first show I went to, But this one was BAD. Will Wed. show be long and drug out again?

5/20/13, 11:59 PM   #2
Re: Must See Mods Anderson
streetglider

I have to totally agree!!!!! I love the Supers & the Outlaw Fig 8s, but the car count was atrocious, by far the worst race i have EVER seen. The loooong intermission & the announcers trying to hype an event with a whopping 20(ish) cars for TWO classes definitely added to my annoyment!!!!

5/21/13, 12:04 AM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
By far the worst Must See show I have ever seen. $15 to get in. 13 Mods. 12 Qualified and ran heat races. 1 was a start and park. 2 meaningless heat races followed up by Over a 45min. intermission. Caution free race. cars all strung out. Like 15 laps in we were down to 7 cars. I think 7 took the checkard. The flagman showed he had no clue what he was doing during the race. Completely ruined the only battle on the track to let the leader through. 2 cars running side by side for 4th. Leader catches them and the flagmen does everything but black flag them. O ya leader has over half a track lead. 70 car wins, would love to tell you his name but could not hear the p.a. system. It was horrible. The filler class had a huge 11 cars. They did have a decent race at the end between 3 cars, but that was the only racing of the night. Cars did not show. Management decided to have the show. Why in the heck did it have to be drug out. I did not see anything at all tonight that would make me want to go back on Wed. I have some discount tickets if anyone is interested. What I see tonight was horrible. I have been on the MS Bandwagon since the first show I went to, But this one was BAD. Will Wed. show be long and drug out again?
I agree it wasn't the best show I've ever been to. Not making excuses for the schedule but just a couple of comments that might help explain how the show was run.

First off, the MSR Super Modifieds are just in the second year of existence. Jim Hanks, the principle of the organization is working very hard to build this up. In talking to some of the drivers in the pits afterwards, they are very pleased with what Must See Racing is trying to accomplish for the supers. This takes time and I think they are onto something but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Supermodified racing in the midwest hasn't had great car counts in the recent past. Both the Midwest Supermodified Series and Must See Racing are working on fill the need here in the midwest. I am thankful for what both of these organizations are trying to do and I wish them luck in accomplishing their goals.

The IOF 8 series had a small car count and I think that is why they had the longer intermission. There was no heats in the figure 8 series so they had time that wasn't going to be used. The MSR supers I believe was being telecast again tonight so I think that is why the delay in starting.

The program was orginally scheduled to start at 7:00 PM but they announced yesterday at Winchester that it wouldn't start until 8:00 PM. I imagine that the delay was again due to MSR schedule, not Anderson Speedway.

As far as Wednesday nights show is concerned, it still shows that it starts at 7:00 PM. The Must See Racing series will have the winged sprint cars as the top division racing. The USSA Kenyon midgets are the undercard. I am not expecting a huge number of midgets so the sprint cars will be providing most of the racing action.

If you were at Winchester on Sunday, you saw a very good show from the MSR sprints. They had 19 cars and the feature was a very good pavement race. I would expect that the Wednesday night show would also be a good race.

Again, as I said in the beginning, not the best race I've seen this year. Not every night is a gem and I am thankful that someone took a chance on promoting a show on Monday night. My racing options tonight were limited but I still enjoyed my time at the track.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/21/13, 7:52 AM   #4

Mud Packer I totally agree with the hard work being done. 1 simple thing, why not throw the figure 8 race in during the long intermission? Its done, you have a bad show. Nothing you can do about it. Why drag it out? Heck I had no problem at all with the 8pm start. I talked 2 guys into coming to the show that had never seen the Mods. They both left with, "I wont do this again". So now we have the same set up for Wed. night. Probablly 20 to 25 sprints. That will give them a good 3 to 4 heat races. Probablly lucky to have 10 midgets. Just keep the show moving so the little things do not annoy us! I really do not want to waste 4 hours for a hour and a half show tomorrow night.

5/21/13, 9:14 AM   #5
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
1 simple thing, why not throw the figure 8 race in during the long intermission?
Just keep the show moving so the little things do not annoy us! I really do not want to waste 4 hours for a hour and a half show tomorrow night.
What he said. Low car counts didn't bother me as much as being held hostage. I wasn't planning on them having a ton of cars. I wasn't planning on being there for hours for what amounted to being esentially an hr and a half show.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/21/13, 9:18 AM   #6
LittleRube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
What he said. Low car counts didn't bother me as much as being held hostage. I wasn't planning on them having a ton of cars. I wasn't planning on being there for hours for what amounted to being esentially an hr and a half show.

Posted via Mobile Device
As my buddy dyno don said back in the day. They had to sell one more hotdog to us rubes.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/21/13, 9:23 AM   #7
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRube View Post
As my buddy dyno don said back in the day. They had to sell one more hotdog to us rubes.

Posted via Mobile Device
Hahaha I hope I don't sound like dyno don.
Last night was ridiculous though.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: cwfan08, mowerman, PJ Wright
5/21/13, 6:12 PM   #8
Mud Packer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Hahaha I hope I don't sound like dyno don.

Posted via Mobile Device
Not only sounding like him but you are starting to look like him as well.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
5/21/13, 6:35 PM   #9
grinch

All I can say is that if you want to see winged Supermodifieds try to see a ISMA show.....all tho they have bad days once in a while they run the show fast and have full fields most of the time......keep your eyes on #11 he can entertain you.....

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, RacinBabe
5/21/13, 6:48 PM   #10
Mud Packer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
All I can say is that if you want to see winged Supermodifieds try to see a ISMA show.....all tho they have bad days once in a while they run the show fast and have full fields most of the time......keep your eyes on #11 he can entertain you.....
Unfortunately, about the only time they head this way is for the Hy-Miler in Sandusky. A great show and I always enjoy the supers no matter where they run. I am very thankful that both the Midwest Supermodified Association & the Must See Series are working hard to entertain us midwestern folks who can't make it to ISMA shows. My hope is that in the next 2-3 years we will see more super races as well as increased car counts for each of them.

4 members like this post: ASPHALT24, mowerman, RacinBabe, schwarzracen27
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Must See Mods Anderson