IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Engine Pro SOD Sprints Plymouth May 18
5/14/13, 8:39 AM   #1
Engine Pro SOD Sprints Plymouth May 18
sfracer55

Set Calendars for a Special Night of Racing at Plymouth Speedway
Earl Gaerte Classic Winged Outlaw Sprints on May 18 is expected to feature a special lineup.
The Earl Gaerte Classic Winged Outlaw Sprint event will feature Modifieds, Outlaw Sprints, USAC 600 Wing and USAC Restricted 600 Wing cars which will provide the best racing entertainment on Plymouth Speedway's dirt oval. This will be 1 of 2 winged sprint race for the 2013 season.
Earl Gaerte was an innovator in short track engines and he designed engines that have been in Indianapolis 500 cars and in the cars that are raced on racetracks each Saturday night across America. He passed away in August 2011, but his memory and innovations live on. Joe Gaerte son of Earl has already committed to running his own car with World of Outlaw Driver Shane Stewart for this event.
Engine Pro presented by Fel-Pro Gaskets is a proud sponsor of this event.
Also coming up on May 18, the 1st Annual Forces Day Poker Run to help sponsor Operation Quiet Comfort and our troops will begin at 11am ET at the Woodland Inn in South Bend and end at Plymouth Speedway in Plymouth. You can pick up a pre-registration form at McDaniel's Harley Davidson in South Bend, Kersting's Harley Davidson in Winamac or at the Woodland Inn in South Bend.
The $30 fee includes one rider, a t-shirt and Winged Outlaw Sprints ticket. The $18 fee may be paid at the gate for non-riders.
In an effort to support our troops, drop off a donation of white crew socks, gallon-size zip-loc bags, individually packaged toothbrushes and travel size toothpaste. These items will be gathered by the Operation Quiet Comfort volunteers and distributed to soldiers. After the ride, it's race time with the Earl Gaerte Classic Winged Outlaw Sprint Cars at Plymouth Speedway! Gates open at 3:00pm and the races begin at 7:00pm.
If you need more information, call Paula Hale Mooth at (269) 580-7856. There are a lot of great things happening at Plymouth Speedway! Follow along on Twitter @PlymouthSpeed or on Facebook!

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
5/14/13, 8:24 PM   #2
Re: Engine Pro SOD Sprints Plymouth May 18
Stevensville Mike

I am hoping to make it, work schedule permitting.

Good luck with your race. You are going head-to-head-to-head with the Silver Crown Series down at IRP & the weekly sprint car show at Butler Motor Speedway. Saturday Night with the winged sprints will always go up against Butler all year long and they draw the fans there each week. It's the only place around that runs the wingers weekly.

On the other hand, if you tried racing Friday or Sunday, you would pit yourself against Gas City & Kokomo. So, that is a good move for you not doing either one of those nights.

Ever think of running Thursday and calling it "Thursday Night Thunder"? Just a thought. Don't mind me, though..... I'm just a fan that pays admission.

5/14/13, 8:46 PM   #3
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I am hoping to make it, work schedule permitting.

Good luck with your race. You are going head-to-head-to-head with the Silver Crown Series down at IRP & the weekly sprint car show at Butler Motor Speedway. Saturday Night with the winged sprints will always go up against Butler all year long and they draw the fans there each week. It's the only place around that runs the wingers weekly.

On the other hand, if you tried racing Friday or Sunday, you would pit yourself against Gas City & Kokomo. So, that is a good move for you not doing either one of those nights.

Ever think of running Thursday and calling it "Thursday Night Thunder"? Just a thought. Don't mind me, though..... I'm just a fan that pays admission.
Being a 360 wing show. I don't think they have to worry about the 410 winged sprints at Butler. Hopefully the racing is good. The track prep has improved each week. Think car count will be about 30 or so 360 winged sprints. With the NRA Sprints off that weekend that car count could be higher. Should be a fun evening for the fans. Can't wait to see how the track is a few years down the road.

5/15/13, 8:05 AM   #4
racerX

Just got the word that Shane Stewart will be at Plymouth driving for Joe Gaerte. Heard there is a media night tonight, and that they are going to be turning laps testing there along with with Brandon Wimmer. There is alot of buzz in the area and I think it should be a good show. This is great that they are showing respect for Earl Gaerte as he was one of the pioneers of sprint car engine builders.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
5/15/13, 1:12 PM   #5
racer22r

does anyone know what size this track is?

5/15/13, 1:41 PM   #6
nathans1012

Track is a Big 1/4 mile to small 3/8's mile and very wide

Posted via Mobile Device

5/15/13, 1:47 PM   #7
nathans1012

Ariel view of the new Plymouth (IN) Speedway Dirt track.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/18/15 at 1:36 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Engine Pro SOD Sprints Plymouth May 18