IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown RESTARTS
4/3/13, 9:00 PM   #11
Re: Browntown RESARTS
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

i personally didn't like it and feel it was a main reason 70 laps were run to get 16 green in.

1 member likes this post: Al Pierce
4/3/13, 9:48 PM   #12
monkeyboy

Ya im mad I saw a race too!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
4/3/13, 10:03 PM   #13
treecitytornado

Sprint Cars are supposed to have single file restarts, especially on a bullring! The Outlaws have done it for the last few seasons and it works ok on big tracks, but causes problems on the bullrings! Tony Stewart was interviewed after running 3rd in the crash filled Mini Gold Cup at Silver Dollar and said he was tired of fixing his 3 race cars because single file restarts tear up too much ****.
Even Tony, with all his funding, is tired of them!
Sometimes if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Posted via Mobile Device

4/3/13, 10:31 PM   #14
Rpracing1

Best restarts ever were when they turned them loose anywhere coming out of turn two, single file, nose to tail, and the leader determined when to go!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Rpracing1; 4/3/13 at 10:43 PM.

2 members like this post: JoshCunningham, PAW
4/3/13, 10:42 PM   #15
JoshCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Best restarts ever were when they turned them loose anywhere coming out of turn two, and the leader determined when!

Posted via Mobile Device
The cone on the back stretch was awesome

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
4/3/13, 10:58 PM   #16
Charles Nungester

Absolutely never liked the cone on the backstretch, You still had the back of the pack getting the one to go and the leaders were taking off. See a lot more come from the tail to top finishers with em single and tight.

4/4/13, 12:05 AM   #17
Hamby812

I like the Delaware double file restarts. I personally don't see how it makes any difference if it is single or double file on the first row as to playing games. The leader still sets the pace whether someone is beside him or not. And to be fair, 95% of the time the leader brake checks is because the guy behind him is pushing him.....

2 members like this post: racephoto1, Ty
4/4/13, 8:37 AM   #18
JeAvart

The delaware double file restart is here for the year in a lot of racing. It will happen at every silver crown race this year, pavement and dirt.

4/4/13, 9:32 AM   #19
cecil98

I don't think double file restarts are a wise thing to do with openwheel cars....period

4/4/13, 9:34 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

I don't think the Delaware deal is all bad, It helps where passing isn't a premium to begin with such as WoO with lots of yellows, I think a couple years ago Haud won from 13th at the four crown but a lot of them spots were picked off due to the Delaware deal and not passing the guy in front of you.

It also made for a fan, hard to see running order. Yellows are a time when I can clearly see Clauson's in 9th at this yellow at lap 7 and 4th at this next yellow at lap 17.

I don't know as a racer if I'd like it or hate it. Instead of that guy you worked so hard to get around gets put next to you in the best groove on a restart just because someone other than you caused a yellow..

I personally dislike things that cheapen racing, Lucky Dogs etc.

Call me crazy but I even dislike the adjustable. Joe Lowbuck goes out with a killer setup. half laps the field and a yellow happens and he misses the show. Yeah I know, he should learn to adjust better, But to me It was always a huge complement to the setup guy when a driver was able to take his car to the front without any adjustments.

Im not all down on it, I guess when Racing isn't totally about beating the competiton anymore is when I'll stop going.

Did I see good racing at the No Way Out? Yes and some very good racing, Did I feel a lot of guys gained possitions because of the Delawares? DARN STRAIGHT I DO.

Did it totally ruin the show? NO.

Shouldn't have written this, but I did. JUst would rather see guys use skill and ability to pass than be put next to the guy they already passed or the guy they've yet to pass.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown RESTARTS