IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala Turnout
2/23/13, 7:18 PM   #1
Ocala Turnout
Midget 89

Couldn't make the last show at Ocala. How many cars do we have for tonight's USAC sprint finale?

2/23/13, 7:38 PM   #2
midgy

Posted via Mobile Device

2/23/13, 7:49 PM   #3
Re: Ocala Turnout
Midget 89

Thanks, Lisa. Hope someone will be doing updates through the evening.

2/23/13, 8:04 PM   #4
midgy

See the thread Ocala Updates Night 3

Posted via Mobile Device

2/24/13, 12:50 AM   #5
Don 65s

Did they have a good turn out in the stands for the 3 nights? Also how was the weather .

2/24/13, 7:50 AM   #6
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Good show. Temps were great all three nights. Short sleeves for many....light jacket for me....kept the mud balls from stinging. Lightning in the north as the A started Saturday night but no rain until later. Obviously some weather concerns as they ran the Sprint Car A ahead of the support class. Attendance was probably down from previous years.

2/24/13, 7:42 PM   #7
Flatrightrear

I'm glad everyone got to see good racing in warm temps. Was planning on going but buds bailed on me. Surprised attendance was down with the great forecast as USAC missed out on the cold the WoO's had. With good jobs low and gas prices high it probably shouldn't be a shocker that fewer people showed up. It had to be good racing compared to the ICE motorcycle and quads on ice at the Ford Center in Evansville Sat. night. What a farce as far as real racing was concerned but the music was loud so I guess that's all you really need anymore to say you had an "event."

2/24/13, 9:03 PM   #8
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
I'm glad everyone got to see good racing in warm temps. Was planning on going but buds bailed on me. Surprised attendance was down with the great forecast as USAC missed out on the cold the WoO's had. With good jobs low and gas prices high it probably shouldn't be a shocker that fewer people showed up. It had to be good racing compared to the ICE motorcycle and quads on ice at the Ford Center in Evansville Sat. night. What a farce as far as real racing was concerned but the music was loud so I guess that's all you really need anymore to say you had an "event."
Tom, Should I be glad I did not go to the Ford Ctr?

2/24/13, 11:46 PM   #9
Flatrightrear

Yes, Bob, be happy you didn't waste your time or money. I guess I was expecting it to be as exciting as I thought it was watching it on ABC'S Wide World of Sports about 1964 but, alas, I was wrong. Needed a much bigger track as 4 lap heat races with 4 riders circleing around an ice cream truck does not constitute real racing. But they had a nice crowd, people were buying the 20 oz. $6.oo beers like crazy and, as I said earlier, they had the tunes cranked up so I was probably the only person in the place hoping to see real racing to have a good time. For $20 we've all seen a whole lot more at Haubstadt. It is probably fabulous to watch up north on a real track.

1 member likes this post: ROSS
2/25/13, 12:15 AM   #10
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Yes, Bob, be happy you didn't waste your time or money. I guess I was expecting it to be as exciting as I thought it was watching it on ABC'S Wide World of Sports about 1964 but, alas, I was wrong. Needed a much bigger track as 4 lap heat races with 4 riders circleing around an ice cream truck does not constitute real racing. But they had a nice crowd, people were buying the 20 oz. $6.oo beers like crazy and, as I said earlier, they had the tunes cranked up so I was probably the only person in the place hoping to see real racing to have a good time. For $20 we've all seen a whole lot more at Haubstadt. It is probably fabulous to watch up north on a real track.
Tom, Thanks, although I spent my $20 Plus at the Deerhead!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala Turnout