IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson to nascar
2/14/13, 10:29 AM   #21
Re: Larson to nascar
Vukie

RT@Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer
I think I just heard @KyleLarsonRacin say he wants to do the double. #NASCAR #IndyCar

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, speed bump
2/14/13, 10:51 AM   #22
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
RT@Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer
I think I just heard @KyleLarsonRacin say he wants to do the double. #NASCAR #IndyCar
I know fendered, pavement racing in Florida is of little concern to most.

To me it's really cool that Kyle is racing an ARCA car, a Nationwide car, a K&N car, a late model and a Whelen modified just at Daytona.

Obviously it would be nice to see him race a few more times before the month is over on some dirt or in a sprint car.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, billwill7, luckybuc97, speed bump
2/14/13, 1:53 PM   #23
UpOnDaCushion

Maybe we can get somebody to talk Smoke into letting him run his Outlaw car at Volusia while he's down there. Saw on Twitter he's got his seat with him!

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
2/14/13, 11:10 PM   #24
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Here's an interview from Speed.http://www.speedtv.com/video/nascar/...-2159127913001

The "UNOH Battle at the Beach from Daytona International Speedway" is on Speed on Monday night at 7:00-8:30 and on Tuesday from 7:00-10:00, this is the temporary 4/10 mile track on the backstretch, I am assuming it is gonna be like one of those flat half pit road style tracks that are at Atlanta and Charlotte already. Larson is running both nights.

The heat races are also gonna be streamed throughout the day http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...-for-UNOH.aspx

*disclaimer - not intended to appear as a commercial for Speed. I am sure there will be plenty of Danica on during the commercials, if thats your deal.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 2/14/13 at 11:11 PM.

2/15/13, 10:01 AM   #25
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
Here's an interview from Speed.http://www.speedtv.com/video/nascar/...-2159127913001

The "UNOH Battle at the Beach from Daytona International Speedway" is on Speed on Monday night at 7:00-8:30 and on Tuesday from 7:00-10:00, this is the temporary 4/10 mile track on the backstretch, I am assuming it is gonna be like one of those flat half pit road style tracks that are at Atlanta and Charlotte already. Larson is running both nights.

The heat races are also gonna be streamed throughout the day http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...-for-UNOH.aspx

*disclaimer - not intended to appear as a commercial for Speed. I am sure there will be plenty of Danica on during the commercials, if thats your deal.
James,

I just hope to see some racing in between the lastest Ricky Bobby/Danica romance sightings. If ole doofus DW is one of the announcers, he will be slobbering all over himself about Danica. Listening to him, she has reinvented NASCAR racing and will be the next one to challenge for multiple Sprint Cup championships.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, dirt330, racenut69, UpOnDaCushion
2/15/13, 10:30 AM   #26
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. – Racing phenom Kyle Larson of Elk Grove, Calif. is planning to compete in Sunday’s USAC National Midget race at the New Smyrna Speedway in New Smyrna Beach, Fla.

It’ll be part of a busy week of activity for the 21-year-old who has compiled 10 USAC National Midget victories in his first two seasons.

Larson will pilot one of four RW Motorsports entries in Sunday’s event, the first of two at the half-mile Smyrna oval which also hosts Monday USAC Midget racing. He’ll join teammates Bobby Santos III, Dave Steele, Ross Rankine and Kyle O’Gara in the New Smyrna program, the first ever for USAC at the oval.

Larson plans to compete in Saturday’s ARCA Racing Series race at Daytona Int’l Speedway and in Monday and Tuesday’s “Battle at the Beach” stock car and modified events on Daytona’s backstretch. He’ll return to Daytona the following Saturday for his NASCAR Nationwide debut.

Larson captured last year’s “Turkey Night Grand Prix” USAC Midget finale at Perris, Calif., and added wins at Rossburg, Ohio, Pontoon Beach, Ill., Peoria, Ariz., Kokomo, Ind., and Dodge City, Kans.

A revised format for USAC’s 2012 pavement midget events will greet New Smyrna participants. Two “scrambles” will follow qualifications, with positions in the scrambles determining feature starting positions.

The fastest qualifier will spin a specially-designed Oakley Invert Wheel which will determine the inversion number for the scrambles. The scramble winners will then share the front row for the feature event.

USAC Silver Crown Rookie of the Year Kyle Hamilton of Danville, Ind., is also expected to compete at New Smyrna, in his debut for car owner Shane Hmiel. Among Hamilton’s resume is a victory in the Alex Pruett Memorial race which honored the son of Steve Pruett, who owns Three Wide Life, Hmiel’s sponsor.

This should be a busy week for Kyle, Hope he does well..

2/16/13, 10:46 AM   #27
luckybuc97

Kyle starts 11th today in the Arca car. Good luck Kyle.. Live on Speed 3:30

2/16/13, 12:23 PM   #28
ThrowbackRacingTeam

They should've put him right in a cup car and skipped nationwide. He's the best young driver I've seen since Tony Stewart, and possibly better. I argue that he's even better than Stewart or Gordon was. I'd sure love to see him run Du Quoin again on a tacky track, that was as good as it gets!

3 members like this post: dirt330, luckybuc97, speed bump
2/16/13, 12:37 PM   #29
luckybuc97

How will he handle the super speedway? Any thoughts?

2/16/13, 1:16 PM   #30
Mach2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
They should've put him right in a cup car and skipped nationwide. He's the best young driver I've seen since Tony Stewart, and possibly better. I argue that he's even better than Stewart or Gordon was. I'd sure love to see him run Du Quoin again on a tacky track, that was as good as it gets!
We've seen this movie before. Put a real good driver into Cup too soon. Kyle's career is moving at the speed of light as it is and being thrown into the Cup briarpatch where he will feel he has to show his talents, and then have something happen like with Dillon in that truck race late last year and take out some other Cup cars would do his career more harm than good. Let him race the full year in Nationwide and let him feel comfortable where he's at. He'll be in Cup soon enough. My two cents.

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson to nascar