IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > car pooling
2/11/13, 12:52 PM   #1
car pooling
dirt330

With the price of gas going through the roof there will many fans unable to attend may races this up coming season. How about a special forum just for car pooling to races ? You could list races with rides to and from and who is looking for rides. Would be a great way to meet other open wheel race fans . Remember we are all in the same boat with this ongoing problem. Just my thought. I believe it has a change to work for some.
Last edited by dirt330; 2/11/13 at 8:53 PM.

2/11/13, 1:27 PM   #2
Re: car pooling
Deansnuts

Wow what a great thought...There is no reason for this not to work..need to get the old ascot bus...lol....thanks Dean Buckley....

2/11/13, 1:32 PM   #3
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

This is a great idea anytime someone wants to ride with me and my son to a race and chip in on gas that would be awesome with us!! We can get in the grocery getter and go!!

2/11/13, 7:00 PM   #4
Jrp4554

great idea. I did this last season and met some good people.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: scottyCbus
2/12/13, 8:39 PM   #5
oldbutnew

I have been hoping someone would do this for a long time. The price of gas is one thing but getting to know other race fans would be very nice and being old having a younger person drive home at midnight sounds good. I have wondered if enough people would be interested in chartering a bus to big events. A two hour ride on a bus then sitting together at the track with 20 race fans sounds like fun. How many would be interested in a bus from Bloomington to Indianapolis 500 or little 500 or Kokomo?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, scottyCbus
2/12/13, 11:01 PM   #6
dirt330

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutnew View Post
I have been hoping someone would do this for a long time. The price of gas is one thing but getting to know other race fans would be very nice and being old having a younger person drive home at midnight sounds good. I have wondered if enough people would be interested in chartering a bus to big events. A two hour ride on a bus then sitting together at the track with 20 race fans sounds like fun. How many would be interested in a bus from Bloomington to Indianapolis 500 or little 500 or Kokomo?
Living in Indy makes it easy for me to attend above mentioned tracks. I would be happy to share rides to tracks like Bloomington, lincoln park, Eldora, Terre Haute etc. I have looked into chatering buses in the past.You better have deep pockets just for the deposit. When I know in advance I'am going to these tracks I'll post info for car pooling. Live on far southside of Indy, Greenwood area.

1 member likes this post: scottyCbus
2/12/13, 11:38 PM   #7
JazzTrombonist

Race Count Last Year: 44

I don't know how many buckeyes we have on here, but I am going to try to hit most of the BOSS races, Waynesfield, USAC @Eldora, etc...

Posted via Mobile Device

2/15/13, 8:35 AM   #8
ChadSmith

I'm in Brownsburg and am always open for carpooling to Kokomo and anywhere on Saturday night.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/15/13, 9:36 AM   #9
The Old Coyote

I'm up north in Chesteton and go to Kokomo most Sunday nights.

2/16/13, 8:56 PM   #10
Tim Watson

I could use a ride some Friday mornings. Pick me up at my house in cheeseland and bring me home Sunday night after Kokomo. I'll go to any tracks you will take me to.

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, dirt330, LUCKYONE, Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > car pooling