IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson to nascar
2/6/13, 3:23 PM   #11
Re: Larson to nascar
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Let me write only 1 line about this "kid". The very FIRST time he ever saw Eldora Speedway...he won all 3 of the open wheel features at the USAC 4 Crown event!
You knew from there, this IS a talent to watch. We were lucky to have him in the midwest for as long as we did. bob.

2/6/13, 5:27 PM   #12
tamale wagon

just what we need another taxi cab driver

3 members like this post: cecil98, JazzTrombonist, turn4
2/6/13, 9:54 PM   #13
JazzTrombonist

Race Count Last Year: 44

Doesn't really matter, he's banned from racing sprint cars anyhow (at least non wing). I hate NASCAR, but at least he'll get paid to drive; Unlike Indycar.

Best wishes! Hopefully he comes back after his career in the other sport is over.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/6/13, 10:01 PM   #14
Jerry Shaw

Here's what he posted on Twitter a little earlier:

"To everyone... Don't be upset I'll still be running dirt open wheel when I can."

So he'll still be around, just not as much.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6 members like this post: billwill7, dirt330, FishBurger, luckybuc97, rataz, Ty
2/6/13, 11:06 PM   #15
racephoto1

I've seen Kyle win on quarters, halfs, and miles, and everything in between. Seems to me the Indy guys need to learn a thing or two. They won't though.

As I've said before, and this proves it in this thread, give us a guy we can watch locally, and we'll watch him when he moves up. NASCRAP learned this a long time ago. The Indy guys still haven't learned a thing.

4 members like this post: DAD, dirt330, welder
2/7/13, 1:01 AM   #16
RichH

Bingo

2/7/13, 2:27 AM   #17
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Too bad no one at IndyCar was smart enough to see the talent they could have added to their series.
IndyCar did not miss anything. Last I checked the Ganassi in Ganassi-Earnhardt racing is the same Ganassi who runs one of the best Indy teams. Face the facts, NASCAR is where the money is, where the prestige is, and where the publicity is. I have never heard Kyle Larson express any interest in IndyCar but he apparently is excited to be in NASCAR. Like it or not for a long time the best young drivers have desired to get into NASCAR not IndyCar.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DAD, FishBurger, jerrydt
2/8/13, 10:14 PM   #18
ossuks

IMO- This kid is gone for good, he may come back someday like Tony has, but his future is $$$$$$
There won't be any bad economy, bad baggage, excuses here. Would not surprise me at all to see a top 3 pts. finish this year, "The Ship" in 2014, and on to Cup in 2015.

2/8/13, 11:38 PM   #19
jgasson54fan

I have no doubt kyle Larson will pick up a few wins this year! This kid is gonna be the next big thing in NASCAR and I have no doubts he will have his own race team in sprint cars soon. He earned it and he deserves it. Ill be buying my kyle Larson nationwide shirt soon can't wait!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, DAD
2/9/13, 9:03 AM   #20
wannaracebad

Cool now he can go drive in circles for hours and then race for ten minutes. His elbows and nuckles are going to get some rest

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: dirt330
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson to nascar