IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase across 3 states ends in Utah - Tyler Walker
2/1/13, 10:47 AM   #31
Re: Chase across 3 states ends in Utah | ksl.com
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Drug use isn't a disease... It's just stupid. The drug doesn't sneak up on you and jump in your body.

2/1/13, 11:27 AM   #32
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Drug use isn't a disease... It's just stupid. The drug doesn't sneak up on you and jump in your body.

DRUGS must be stupid? Because both political party's want to keep them illegal. That means they are both making plenty of money off of the stuff just the way it is. Sometimes even "very smart" people use the stuff. I have known people who after several years in the slammer go right back to using it as soon as they are released.

Perhaps the best penalty for the use or sales of drugs should be the death penalty because the only way to really kick the habit is "death".

To some people drugs are like the Lay's Potato Chip. "Bet You Can't Eat One"

I chose racing to give my youngest a chance to get addicted to something a little better than Drugs. I also tried it with his older brother but lost that one.

Honest Dad himself

Why don't we all say a prayer for Tyler and move on to something else.
Last edited by DAD; 2/1/13 at 11:30 AM.

4 members like this post: billwill7, ffrid, I Miss Manzy, mtek56
2/1/13, 11:31 AM   #33
Re: Chase across 3 states ends in Utah - Tyler Wal
newman1957

Call me stupid, but I continue to root for the underdog. It's who I am and what I do. I currently mentor a guy who has fallen off the wagon more times than I can count. Each time he goes a little bit longer.

If TYLER will get the help he needs and TYLER decides to change his life around, you better believe I will be one of the first to be in the stands cheering him on. Heck, I might even buy ANOTHER t-shirt.

What if the car owners had listened to all of the haters and had never given Shane Hmiel another chance? What if one of your own family members developed a drug problem? Would you expect us to call them names and write them off as well? God forbid!!!!

2/1/13, 12:10 PM   #34
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

I love how there is such a stigma attached to heroin and crystal meth and yet prescription opiates and ADHD medication has skyrocketed in use. Maybe you should compare the structure of heroin to Oxycontin and crystal meth to Adderall.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, I Miss Manzy, mtek56
2/1/13, 12:24 PM   #35
backitin

Sad part is if he's out of jail he's already laughing about it.

2/1/13, 12:36 PM   #36
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

The only sad part of this for me would be an idiot like Tyler driving 140 miles per hour all duped up and taking out some innocent lives along the way. He can kill himself anyway he wants to as long as it doesn't take out bystanders.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2/1/13, 12:41 PM   #37
tamale wagon

What a waste!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...5--nascar.html

Former NASCAR driver Tyler Walker was arrested in Utah on Wednesday after a three-state high speed police chase.
Walker, who was suspended by NASCAR in 2007 for violating its substance abuse policy, was caught speeding in Nevada, and after crossing into Arizona and into Utah while pursued by police, he was arrested six miles into Utah after police laid down spike strips to stop his car.
But the chase didn't end there. Walker then fled on foot and authorities then apprehended him. "During an inventory of the vehicle, methamphetamine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and alcohol were found,” Utah Highway Patrol Corporal Todd Johnson told the the St. George (Utah) Spectrum.
Walker and passenger Raelie McDonald were found to be under the influence and arrested on numerous drug and alcohol charges. They could face charges in all three states. Walker's bail is set at more than $18,000 and was booked into the (no lie) Purgatory Correctional Facility.

2/1/13, 2:00 PM   #38
airplanegeek

There has got to be a better guy in there trying to get out. If he's using meth, it's an incredibly deep dark hole to climb out of. I hope he makes it. It's a very very bad deal.

1 member likes this post: sprinterfan
2/1/13, 3:45 PM   #39
sprinterfan

I see everyone is pretty quick to judge a personal life. Who cares. Every single person on here knows how good he is. If he wants to waste it, so what. How is it gonna change your life? Expressing how he's pissing away how YOU think he should live going to make your life better? You all are acting like he shot your dog or something. He'll get it together eventually.

Even after this, his racetrack credit still holds a high level of respect. He's a true racer. Hard on the gas and freakin good. Period.

2 members like this post: fish, Spi-nex
2/1/13, 4:22 PM   #40
c47

i have like tyler both off and on the track since he drove for his dad. everytime something like this happens, i just think "i hope this is the last time"
without going into names and details, there have been a few racers that got involved with drugs, got caught and turned it around.....how many have not been caught....yet?
"back in the day" it was not uncommon for racers to party till the sun came up (and beyond)....ever hear the details about when lasoski won knoxville driving for TSR and the party that happened afterwards?......so, is what tyler GOT CAUGHT doing any worse than some of the alcohol influenced activities from the past....or present?
the boy needs help....his father is an ex racer and coke addict who turned his life around and made something of his life....hopefully tyler can do the same thing before he REALLY slips over the edge that he has been so close to numerous times.

1 member likes this post: ffrid
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase across 3 states ends in Utah - Tyler Walker