IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli Bowl Beefs
1/14/13, 4:32 PM   #31
Re: Chilli Bowl Beefs
Bill Gardner
Administrator

You folks sure enjoy telling "campfire" stories...

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, Pedaltime61x
1/14/13, 4:34 PM   #32
on_the_hammer

If Larson doesn't spin he very easily runs 3rd again sweet was up front last year as was coons jr from the back but nobody complains about these guys. It's been the same thing since I was a little kid you love the swindells or love to hate them. It's RWYB for a reason, if usac took it over then everyone would be bi**hin about their rules

Posted via Mobile Device

1/14/13, 5:52 PM   #33
Flatrightrear

Go Sammy and Kevin!!!!!!! I couldn't resist. Does the "Fat Lady" start singing when the Swindell"s pull into the building early in the week? I've loved Sammy since he started pulling up from Memphis to Tri-State in his teens. Sure, he's pulled some stunts over the years that I didn't like but I've always appreciated his will to win and giving it everything he has night in and night out. I admire his ability to take a race car in pieces on the garage floor, put it together, set it up and then drive it as well as anyone. When he gets all the boos at the big races I just smile and say "kick their butt." There have been a lot of tough losses over the years but at 57 he is still as feared a competitor as there is on the track. This Chili Bowl dominance will pass one day just like Steve's dominance in the WoO. Enjoy and respect the excellence while it is here.

8 members like this post: EBAY, Geoff Kaiser, IndySprintCar, Joe Kidd, jts56, sc17x, SPRINTCAR, sw1911
1/14/13, 6:44 PM   #34
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_hammer View Post
If Larson doesn't spin he very easily runs 3rd again sweet was up front last year as was coons jr from the back but nobody complains about these guys. It's been the same thing since I was a little kid you love the swindells or love to hate them. It's RWYB for a reason, if usac took it over then everyone would be bi**hin about their rules

Posted via Mobile Device
Its RWYB within reason.... Kiwi V8's were outlawed after they both made the Saturday A main on the first try.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racer5c
1/14/13, 8:15 PM   #35
Joe Kidd
Banned

All most everyone on here sounds like Don Moore. The only difference is Don had a legitimate complaint. Karmas a ***** isn't it. Please don't let USAC get involved. It would be the end of a good thing.
Last edited by Joe Kidd; 1/14/13 at 8:19 PM.

5 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, badgerfan, mowerman, ossuks, rachasin
1/14/13, 9:07 PM   #36
Pine

Since I am only a fan and don't have to worry about keeping up with the Swindell's, I have absolutely "ZERO" beef's with the Chili Bowl. And I will probably have ZERO next year as well.....Life's short....ENJOY...!!!!

1/14/13, 9:12 PM   #37
ossuks

The 15x car Boat won in Friday was the car Kevin won in last year? If that is so... "one off" cars won 4 out of 4 nights they ran.... who was the last to win in a "traditional midget" on Saturday night?

If the Chillli Bowl changes anything they are nuts... this year was my first.... and the attitude of those at the race seems to be that they are at the biggest event of the year... 286 cars... sold out... I would just keep raising the prices on everything and counting my money!!!!

1/14/13, 9:15 PM   #38
WBR 3E

Buck2 mentioned 'tire eating' - both Swindell cars looks like they had a lap left......
Attached Images
Swindell tire CB 2013.jpg (722.8 KB, 311 views)

1/14/13, 10:25 PM   #39
CALandSurveyor8759

Lets give them some incentive to start at the back, or at least outside the top 10. Throw some money at them and see how they respond. We, collectively, have a year to put a handsome purse together. I'm already hemorrhging money for 8 days in January, I can surely invest another $20, $50, or $100 to watch them put on a real show, with the same probable results.

What are the odds of Sammy and Kevin starting from the front 2 rows next year? Who will complain after watching the Swindells win the Chili Bowl from the back? Are the promoters motivated to alter the format? Would it be worth the effort? I'm willing to sweeten the pot and find out.

1/14/13, 10:31 PM   #40
SteveB31

No square tanks and a weight rule is all they need.

1 member likes this post: dirtball
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli Bowl Beefs