IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations
11/15/12, 8:46 AM   #41
Re: Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg30 View Post
It's ironic that the team that was doing all the testing, defending, and pushing of the ethanol fuel on everyone that didnt want it, is the first team to bail when USAC quits mandating it. Interesting for sure...

Hate to see a team that can bring 3-4 cars to each race quit racing.
One scenario I have thought about is this: Has TRD given up on the Silver Crown series? 6r was their team and obviously received backing from them. If that backing were gone would they be able to fund the team? Is Ignite leaving? Seeing how 6r did the R&D for Ignite could the support from them be gone as well?

11/15/12, 9:02 AM   #42
kstudley57

If anyone on here has ever met Darryl, they wouldn't be discounting his love for racecars in lieu of a change in sponsor mix, fuel, or anything else for that matter. His success in business as well as racing can't be argued and frankly, he's one of the nicer guys that I've had the opportunity to meet. I take his statement at face value that with all the uncertainty in the government that he needs to reset his priorities... especially by doing business in such a regulated industy such as fuel transportation. My hunch is that instead of owning a fleet of cars, you'll see the little Jet Star logo pop up on the side of some guys cars that might deserve a little help... Great dude and If you ever get the chance to meet he or his family you'll be in for a great time.

11/15/12, 6:24 PM   #43
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtflinger View Post
I hate say there is a reason for all of this but in my opinion I'd have to say it has to be the way they went about the fuel debacle. They switched to ethanol and all these teams spent a lot of money on R&D, converting their equipment, and going through equipment (engines, fuel cells, etc.) just for USAC to tell them they could go back to methanol in 2013. It probably p1ssed some team owners off to the point that they got fed up with the BS and left and I don't blame them. I hate to say it but I think USAC would have been better off sticking with ethanol for 2013. All these teams spending all this money for one year. I mean lets be honest racing isn't cheap to begin with and now you're throwing this in the mix I don't blame them for shutting their doors. 6R, Kaeding, Hines, and the next big teams to come will certainly be missed. USAC needs some help and fast.

Posted via Mobile Device
I just spoke with Tracy Hines... He told me the Lightfoot #16 will be racing in the Silver Crown series next season.

7 members like this post: cowboyhar69, dirtflinger, K-Dawg30, miwingless, OTSNWR, Sandy Lowe
11/16/12, 7:49 AM   #44
racephoto1

Great news for Tracy, it's great to :see someone staying instead of leaving.

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
11/16/12, 9:23 AM   #45
donwilshe

Midget96 reported:

Daryl Guiducci, My cars should all be continuing in the series even though my name won’t be affixed.

Daryl is leaving Midget96 but all his cars will still be
racing. please explain.

midget

11/16/12, 11:49 AM   #46
Rex W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donwilshe View Post
Midget96 reported:

Daryl Guiducci, My cars should all be continuing in the series even though my name won’t be affixed.

racing. please explain

midget
Sounds like he sold em & whoever got em is gonna race em maybe?👍

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Rex W.; 11/16/12 at 11:50 AM.

11/16/12, 4:18 PM   #47
sprint96

deleted
Last edited by sprint96; 11/16/12 at 4:21 PM.

11/16/12, 5:00 PM   #48
midget96

[QUOTE=donwilshe;309742]Midget96 reported:

racing. please explain.

I never reported anything - if you notice that was a USAC press release and I just did the ol copy and paste

11/16/12, 5:18 PM   #49
bigmojo5

All we need is for a few more people to start chanting how horrible things are and a lot more people will start believing it.
And then this thing really will die.

2 members like this post: Kellen Conover, racephoto1
11/16/12, 5:45 PM   #50
ThrowbackRacingTeam

6r leaving probably won't hurt car count at all considering all 3 of his drivers have fielded their own equipment in the past. I wouldn't be surprised to see them sponsor Brian Tyler's effort especially to try to beat Gurney's win record at Springfield. As mentioned, hines is back and the now that they've booked the date at Belleville, I'd be surprised if Kaeding doesn't re-think his plans. Would love to see him there. They should get a few cars back that they lost last year, let's just hope they learned their lesson and don't change anymore rules for a long time to come. Unless, of course, they wan't to go back to Offys, skinny tires, and open **** pits! I think we could all live with that eh.

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations